Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diesel Engine Trouble

Options
  • 19-10-2009 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I have a small digger thats been parked up for a while. When I put the key in, a little buzzer sounds and the engine light comes on. (The buzzer is incase you forget to switch off the ignition when you are finished)

The engine will not turn over at all. Not even an attempt. The battery seems to be good and there are no loose connections anywhere in the engine.

Could any one suggest anything?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭zenmonk

Economists the world over are trying to find this answer for years.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭secman

Is it economical on diesel ??????????

On scales of ecomony its probably an electrical fault.

Secman

• Registered Users Posts: 22 PKWATERFORD

I have a feeling that this might have made its way into the wrong section. I am new at this business

Stupid computers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭the_dark_side

I heard you can start those things with a coin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 PKWATERFORD

I have solved this problem in the past but it takes many coins to make the man call out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I have a small digger thats been parked up for a while. When I put the key in, a little buzzer sounds and the engine light comes on. (The buzzer is incase you forget to switch off the ignition when you are finished)

The engine will not turn over at all. Not even an attempt. The battery seems to be good and there are no loose connections anywhere in the engine.

Could any one suggest anything?

Battery might have charge for basic electrics but not to start.

Have you charged the battery using a charger?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Moved from Economics.

Check the battery terminals and make sure they are making a good connection and not damp(happens a lot with machines) use some WD-40 to help with the connection.

If this fails try jump starting it with jump leads as the batt may not have enough charge to turn over the engine this is the most likely problem.

Otherwise there must be a lose electrical connection somewhere. The starter would be a good place to start(no pun intended :cool:) as it is a common place for lose connections with machinery in my experience.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

has it a kill switch,,, could be bad connection at kill switch,,, turn it few times lube it,,,,, yes i,m talking about the kill switch

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Moved from Economics.

and moving to 4x4 & Tractors & Diggers & Plant!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

and closed, he has one here already.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement