Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice pub close to beautiful scenery for NYE?

Options
  • 19-10-2009 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Hello! My boyfriend is coming over to Ireland for Xmas & new years. He's been here once before but we only stuck to the east coast (sorry, I'm a crap Dub). This time, I'd really like to bring him to the west, but I don't know anywhere well (used to go to Connemara as a kid, and know Galway city a bit, but not much else). I thought it might be nice to go to stay somewhere over New Years, ideally somewhere beautiful on the coast, can be a small village or a big town. But what would be great would be somewhere that has a lovely cosy old pub which might have live music on NYE, ideally trad music but anything decent would do. Somewhere not geared towards the tour buses but where locals actually go and is a bit of craic. Obviously there'd need to be a B&B relatively near by. Any suggestions?

(Have x-posted this on the Galway thread too, as Kerry & Galway are the two counties which spring to mind, but am open to any other suggestions too!)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Dingle has a great NYE celebration, the whole town turns out on the Mall and the town band plays at midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭CamillaRhodes

Oooh, just read something saying Dingle is one of the top 10 places for NYE in the world! May be on to something here.

Any recommendations for somewhere nice and cosy (and quiet, if the town is going mad!) to stay?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

what kind of a budget will you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭CamillaRhodes

Not huge, ideally no more than 70 euros a night for a double room (though I know for NYE this might be pushing it). A B&B would be ideal...

The Alpine or Bamburys would be handy for town, but then may also be a bit noisy. If you want to find somewhere quieter it will be further out, near to the edge of town. The Lighthouse is excellent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement