Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnOff- help choose 1st Irish single please?

Options
  • 19-10-2009 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hey - I manage a rock band called OnOff.

We have just recorded a demo and these are the first mixes.

Guys - let me know your thoughts on which song to produce and properly mixed for a potential single.

Link to songs is here

http://www.breakingtunes.com/profile/1038

The songs are called:

Stars Don't Shine
    Dealer in the distance.
    Suicide

What would you release as a single.

Let me know?

Dicki

Comments

Sorry but if you're the Manager of the band you should know what song release, its kinda yourself and the bands job.

I didnt listen to them but if i picked a song, i want your job or some money.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Rdaly1

Sorry but if you're the Manager of the band you should know what song release, its kinda yourself and the bands job.

I didnt listen to them but if i picked a song, i want your job or some money.

I love the way you had time to reply to me appreciated! Don't agree with you that bands and managment always pick the best songs.

The is lots of example of bands not choosing great single when they have better to release - if only they had listened to the fans or people in general.

Why dont you ask the fans? Rock & Metal ain't really the place to pimp your band.

Go here for further pimpage http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=591

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Suicide, purely for the fact that it's the only one I could listen to for more than 20 seconds, that's not really a criticism of the music or anything, just a personal opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Rdaly1 wrote: »
    Hey - I manage a rock band called OnOff.

We have just recorded a demo and these are the first mixes.

Guys - let me know your thoughts on which song to produce and properly mixed for a potential single.

Link to songs is here

http://www.breakingtunes.com/profile/1038

The songs are called:

Stars Don't Shine
    Dealer in the distance.
    Suicide

What would you release as a single.

Let me know?

Dicki

I'll take a 50% cut and a down payment upfront - then you can hear my opinion!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

hang on, i remember on/off playing blast about 8 years ago. you guys supported fallout boy at one stage didnt you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

Suicide definately.
    Saw the lads recentlyin The Spirit Store. they're a million times better now with paulie on vocals. really good gig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I'm sure that i saw on/off play a couple of years ago, at blastbeat in cork i believe. I think my friend spilled some coke on the stage that the lead singer/guitarist then slipped on!:D

Advertisement