Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Thermostats

Options
  • 19-10-2009 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

hi,

i have a 4 zone heating system - living area, downstairs bedrooms, upstairs bedrooms and hot water. 3 of the zones have motorised valve controls (the hot water doesn't and will come on when automatically when the heating is on). I am looking for a system that has wireless room temperature stats with a controller back at the boiler. I want to be able to program each zone to come on individually, preferrably with 7 day control options. Extra features like holiday mode, 1-hour boost (sometimes called party mode?) would be useful.

Looking on the web and through other posts here I see a few different manufactures of the wireless systems (Danfoss Randall, Honeywell and Siemens some of the ones I have seen.)

Has anyone experience with any of these systems and would they recommend them? Also, do I need a 3 or 4-channel system? I think I need a 4-channel system but the hot water won't have a wireless stat so not sure how this will work. Finally, each radiator has a TRV - would this cause an issue with the system?

Advertisement