Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Match Thread** Mon October 19th @19:30 3RRB - Boardeaux FC V Cream of Jesus II

Options
  • 19-10-2009 9:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Keeper -
    Clayton - Yes

Defenders -
    Cathal - Susp
    Dan -Yes
    Ed - Yes
    Geoff - Yes
    Graham - Yes

Mick - Injured
    Michael - Yes
    Keith - Away
    Andy - Yes

Midfielders -
    Alan - Yes
    Collie - Yes
    Conor - Yes
    Dave - Out
    Gav - Yes
    Martin - Injured
    Kenny - Yes

Strikers -

Art - Yes
    Gary - Yes
    Jules - Yes
    Ciaran - Yes
    Eddie -

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Keeper -
    Clayton -

Defenders -
    Cathal - Susp
    Dan -
    Ed -
    Geoff -
    Graham -
    Mick - Injured
    Michael -
    Keith -
    Andy -

Midfielders -
    Alan -
    Collie -
    Conor -
    Dave -
    Gav -
    Martin -
    Kenny -

Strikers -

Art -
    Gary -
    Jules - Yes
    Ciaran -
    Eddie -

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm out tonight, have to go to mayo for a funeral.

Will be out next week aswell as I'm in london and the gf booked the wrong flights back...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

im in...

massive win needed here. plenty of agression and bite. we are a far superior team when we get stuck in and play on the edge. a repeat of last weeks 2nd half, minus the "rough house" tactics, should see us through :D.

come on to f*ck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I'm still out. Nursing a bit of a brewing cold so not gonna head out to watch but I'll hopefully be back next week. Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

These are a decent team, Ravenhill played them last week.

Some nice footballers, and plenty of players willing to get stuck in all over the pitch. They were a bit short on defenders last week but the lads that slotted in for them were solid enough, ended 2-1 and they ran out of steam a bit in the second half and started giving away a lot of free kicks with sloppy tackles out of tiredness, if not for their keeper it could/should have been 5/6.

If we sit back off them they have the players to punish us though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Best of luck lads

5-2 win is word on the street :cool:

thats more like it, great stuff. hopefully now, we have turned the corner after coming back from 3 down last week.

wet, windy night on a slippery pitch, which made it difficult, but we controlled from start to finish and were unlucky not to score more. clay also pulled off 2 decent saves, the game was really open, mostly down to them playing 4 up front nearly all the time, so we were able to go all out ourselves.

impressed with some of the new lads, my first real time seeing them play and i tell you, they are a good addition. defo putting big pressure on now big time to be there every week.

gav put us 1-0 up, then they levelled, 2-1 ciaran, then 3-1 gary. they got a peno with 10 left, but we scored, one of our best goals ever with a sublime move, with 2 superb passes from ciaran and then graham. conor made it 5-2 with about 5 left.

now lads, with the other result going our way, we are back in it and its all the play for.lets keep this going.

What was the other result?

• Advertisement

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    What was the other result?

2 of the teams above us drew with each other. at the moment, we are 2d until the 3rd and 4th place team play.

A good result, we'll need to keep this pace up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Easily the best I have seen us play. It was a toss up between tonight and last weeks second half performance, but I decided my appearance at the end swung it in tonights favour. :pac:

Seriously though I think there is more to come from the team. You can see some of the understandings getting better and better each week.

Only downside was Kennys injury which hopefully won't be too bad.

Not good about Kenny! Hopefully mrs hot physio gives me some good news tomorrow

What happened to Kenny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

What happened to Kenny?

Something with his ankle. Not sure if it was a twist or a bang, think it was bang, and then it went under his own weight, but he was definitely feeling it, even after resting up for the second half.

Ya can never really tell with ankles you might not be able to walk when it happens but some ice, a pain killer, and an anti-inflammatory and he could be fine tomorrow.

Sure we will find out next week, but I would suspect he will be grand by then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

What happened to Kenny?

Looked like he went over on his ankle

Well done lads, that was a great game to watch, some great play, and we were better in the second half.

That move for the fourth goal, with Conor and Collie winning good posession in the centre of the park, then as already said the two passes, first into space down the right from Ciaran to find Graham, then the cros to find Gary, who also takes credit for making it his ball. Lovely move.

Enjoyed that. :)

Also gives me a few (good) headaches.

how we responded to the penalty was great. i was a little worried at 3-2, but everybody rose their game, especially Ciaran, who gave it away. he was immense the last 10 minute.

and the first goal we got is a lesson for us all - their defence was playing the ball about the back and one of them slipped on his as*. not his fault, just the terrible surface that is there. we play there for the next 3 weeks i think, so full concentration is needed. the plus side is, that it allows for decent, fast ball, as it skips of the surface.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Excellent performance against a decent side lads. Few times things could've gone against us and when we gave away the peno at 2 up with 10 to go and for a split second there was the worry that it would be one of those nights where we just let things slip. The positive reaction from there on was pretty impressive, same spirit as last week. He could have given a peno or free for any one of about 5 of their previous long throw-ins - keeping the hands down is something to keep in mind.

The win tonight was all down to the strength in depth of our squad: in Keith, Mick, Martin and Dave we were missing four regular starters and losing Kenny early could have stretched us further. In the end each of the lads that came in threw down the gauntelet to the previous jersey wearers. Competition heating up is a great thing for what you have to say is a great harmonious squad. I was a half yard off it tonight on the finishing side though I was happy with how the linking amongst the attackers is gelling so well and there was always someone to lay it off too. And the goals being spread around across the attackers is again a big positive, though do note that all 8 goals so far have come from strikers and wingers - need more shots and runs into the box from the centre.

They were very much a ball playing who liked to hang onto it and were not afraid to play football from anywhere. Admirable outlook but within 30 seconds of them playing it across the back from the kick-off I was convinced it'd only be a matter of time before they gifted us something, surprised it came so soon but they totally deserved it; that's just naieve. But their comfort on the ball just highlights how well our defence and midfield did to keep the lines tight and though Clay had a few saves to make, we were reassuring solid overall at the back.

Their number 12 is the player of the league so far but after Gav got close to him he didn't control the game in our half as much and the fact that he had to drop deeper to get possession as the game went on showed how the tide was turning....he was almost at right full by the end! If they miss him for any games, they'll struggle. Keep him and they'll be thereabouts.

3 points well won but let's forget about title talk for a while and focus on grinding out another 3 points next week. And the week after, and the week after....

Great to see improvements on the communication side: general calls were noticeably better, though a few individuals need to start piping up, but 3 of the goals had a decisive early shout that was key to another man not complicating things.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Better late than never. :)

The first half I thought was fairly even with Boards just edging it. Could've been 2-0 up just before the equaliser, though they had a good few chances that they squandered including a long throw that made its way onto the join of the bar/post - on another day they go in and a couple of penalty claims that probably "should've" been given.

However in the second half, it was a complete, in-control performance of which I haven't seen before. They created three good chances, all of which Clay saved very well and on two occasions at 2-1 and 3-2, one minute later, they paid for it with goals conceded. None of their chances could've been avoided and unlike previously and the first half, they weren't queueing up to strike them. Fourth goal was very impressive and really there was no way back from there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement