Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurling Gloves

Options
  • 19-10-2009 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Dont see alot on here about gloves so i said i'd start one up. (Mod, i went through all 12 pages but couldnt see anything on this-search function is down so tried my best manually-if this needs to be reallocated, apologies!)

I have had a few different gloves at this stage-the Odare gloves (Ashguard) (really the first proper ones to get going) were what i had but the elastics around the fingers went, then we had other setanta hurls gloves with a proper glove feel-ie-half fingers but full palm covered with what was meant to be gripping fabric on the palm-i didnt find them great, no feel for the ball in them!
    Now im looking at the new mycro glove. I've seen them in Elverys and they look pretty sweet-tick all the boxes in theory but has anyone given them a test run yet??

Al

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 UpTheDubs98

aliocroc wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Dont see alot on here about gloves so i said i'd start one up. (Mod, i went through all 12 pages but couldnt see anything on this-search function is down so tried my best manually-if this needs to be reallocated, apologies!)

I have had a few different gloves at this stage-the Odare gloves (Ashguard) (really the first proper ones to get going) were what i had but the elastics around the fingers went, then we had other setanta hurls gloves with a proper glove feel-ie-half fingers but full palm covered with what was meant to be gripping fabric on the palm-i didnt find them great, no feel for the ball in them!
    Now im looking at the new mycro glove. I've seen them in Elverys and they look pretty sweet-tick all the boxes in theory but has anyone given them a test run yet??

Al

Don't know personally about the Mycro but the new design has been copied by several other companies like O'Neills and I have theirs myself, tis grand and decent, has a far better fit and allows for more free movement than the old design like the Cooper one which is just a bit of rubber with elastic loops:

The O'Neills one is a good bit cheaper than the Mycro one, but a lad in my club who used to play for Cork seniors a couple of years ago started wearing the Mycro last year because of an injury and feels like it's a good bit of kit ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

Is it for protection you want or for help with grip catching?

Protection wise, use your hurley.

For grip, i would suggest Nomis 3/4 finger glove. Unbelivable grip. Since nomis have gone under however they are extremely hard to find. I suggest Ebay

nomis-rugby-3-4-finger-gloves-black-orange.jpg

Advertisement