Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house, can you bring NTL Broadband with you?

Options
  • 19-10-2009 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭

i got a 12-month contract with NTL a few months back. however, it looks like i'll have to move house now, cos the lease-holders are all leaving. which i'm pissed off about..

Is there a way you can sort it so that the contract switches from one address to another, or will i have to pay disconnection fees? and/or reconnection fees?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If it's available at your new address, then you can move it. If it's not available, then you'll probably have to pay penalties.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

What sort of penalties are we talking? Once off fee, or all the unpaid months left in the contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ianwalsh2

Yea they do allow you to bring the broadband with you if it's available where you want to move. I moved home after college and it wasn't available so I got charged something like 90 euro for disconnection. I only had 2 months left on the contract so as it turned out I would've been better off paying the last 2 months! NTL broadband is only available in larger urban areas, so if you're moving to a rural area or even the outskirts of a town it probably won't be available. You can check addresses on their website for availability.

Advertisement