Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Program on dishwasher sticking!

Options
  • 18-10-2009 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks.

I have a Tricity bendix dishwasher and i notice the program is starting to stick on one setting.

Does anyone have any experience of this or know possibly what it could be.

I come armed with a multimeter and a screwdriver but dont know how to use the multimeter so please explain all etc...

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭gar.k

you need to be more specific. where in the programme is it sticking?
    have you noticed if it is heating before it stops? is the dispenser open or closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

gar.k wrote: »
    you need to be more specific. where in the programme is it sticking?
    have you noticed if it is heating before it stops? is the dispenser open or closed?

There is 4 numbers on my dishwasher.
    1. Rinse & hold
    2.Power wash
    3.Normal wash
    4. Eco wash

2 is the longest wash. Sometimes i put 3 on and what happens is when the washer starts it fills with water and the wheel turns washing the dishes but it will not stop. 2 hours later its still going and the dish washer is very hot. The program is obv getting stuck on wash cycle....

Last night it had me so distracted that when i first started the dishwasher I opened the door and it kept going. Lucky it was only on the starting empty cycle. This did not cause it but would it be part of the problem.

Is this enough information....Thanks

Is this i hope enough information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭gar.k

ok. it sounds like it is getting stuck on the heating stage of the programme. problem is more then likely the thermostat.Most dishwashers have 2 thermostats- a working stat usually 60 degrees and a overheat stat usually 85-90 degrees. sounds like one of these is open circuit. if you are handy you can check the resistance across the stats using your multimeter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

gar.k wrote: »
    ok. it sounds like it is getting stuck on the heating stage of the programme. problem is more then likely the thermostat.Most dishwashers have 2 thermostats- a working stat usually 60 degrees and a overheat stat usually 85-90 degrees. sounds like one of these is open circuit. if you are handy you can check the resistance across the stats using your multimeter.

Can you please explain how i do this. I have patience and i have time. Not looking forward to it. Do i need to take the dishwasher out or do i do this through the front. Thanks

PS please explain exact readings expected on dishwasher.

Advertisement