Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orange Light

Options
  • 18-10-2009 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Im well used to seeing the ISS pasing over from the south but last night and tonight I saw somthing, the same brightness and speed, looked exactly the same as my observations of ISS but it was very definitly orange. Any ideas?

regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

There are 1000's of satellites/objects orbiting the Earth. Tonight has a few bright Lacrosse passes (mag. 2.7, there are Lacrosse 2, 3, 4 and 5. They are US spy satellites). Lacrosse satellites, I've noticed, tend to have an orange tint. However, I've never seen it a 'distinct' orange.

Another poster observed the same thing a few weeks ago. I must get a look at satellite passes again...but it's been too cloudy the past while. What time did you see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

A Chinese Lantern........................AGAIN!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭davehey79

Saturday eveing at 8pm ish give or take a few minutes i spotted this in Longford Town and have been scratching me head ever since. It was a really orange ball of something or other flames is all i could describe it as. Was goin extremely fast and couldn't hear any noise what so ever from it thought this was strange as it seemed to be very low in the sky. Anyone no what it was

Advertisement