Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Remembrance Day Yesterday on Bedford Row

Options
  • 18-10-2009 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭

Went along to Bedford row yesterday to support the Family Remembrance Day, Great afternoon out. Lots of good music from local bands and it was my first chance to hear Senica play, must get the cd! great stuff. "The Guests" were also great as usual and Night Owls closed the event out.

Julieanne Dineen was there launching her new single and I cannot give enough praise to that woman or her husband Dave. The crowd was big and all enjoyed themselves.

It finshed with the release of pink baloons with the names of loved ones on them. It was quite a moving sight to see them float ouf twords Thomond Park.

Anyway well done to the organisers and music on the streets is something that Limerick could do with more off if they are trying to get people back in to the heart of the city. :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Was this yet another dave dineen event?He seems to love his name and face in the media,i went to the 1st charity night but a bit sick of it by now i just donate money to milford hospice its more simple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

music on the streets good tho:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

out on the streets of the city. Bedford row is a nice spot very central and the music reached around the centre of town and drew people in to see what was happening. Perhaps next summer it is somthing they could do more off? what do people think?

Took photos yesterday they are up [ Here ]

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Hmm good live music and a good cause, I don't see how that combination could ever go wrong on a fine day.

One thing that I love about Galway in the summer is the amount of quality buskers and street artists that are on the streets. Something like that in Limerick during the summer would be quite cool.

Advertisement