Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first tattoo guys

Options
  • 18-10-2009 8:59am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 249 ✭✭

Getting this text on my arm(location as below) and can't decide which font to use - think im gonna go with the second one - what do you guys think?

Question is, im in Sandyford - and would love recommendations from everyone as to which tattoo shop in the dublin area would do a good job :)

7.png

1.gif

2.gif

3.gif

4.gif

5.gif

6.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 dysfunktional

remis in prime tattoo has savage work ( http://www.remistattoo.com/ ),but its only text so any shop would do a good job,and they will have loads of differnt fonts in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Tommy in Classic Ink does probably the nicest script in Dublin, Rob in Colourworks does nice script too. Doesn't seem like a lot of script for it to go from your elbow down onto your hand the letters are going to be huge on your arm and then they'll have to get much smaller to fit on the side of your hand, so it could look a little odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

snip

edit: cop on empirix

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

empirix wrote: »
    stupid tattoo!

Not very constructive criticism there. I think it looks good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

empirix - one and only warning. next time you decide to grace us with your posting, it better be more in tune with the forum's guidelines and a lot more polite.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

ok apologies - Thanks God for one more day! in the tattoos and piercing forum

sir this tattoo will not make people think you are a clown,it will look cool!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

number 3 font looks good, or Courier New font.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 249 ✭✭DA365

empirix wrote: »
    ok apologies - Thanks God for one more day! in the tattoos and piercing forum

sir this tattoo will not make people think you are a clown,it will look cool!!

I dont want to look cool

Get over yourself ffs.

Tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

Hijack-DeNiro.jpg

i don't know if you intend to start the script on the side of the hand like that (its very trendy right now....) but

LOOK AT THE STATE OF JUST THE BIT ON THE SIDE OF THE HAND.

its a beautiful example of what i spend all day every day trying to explain to the I-Don't-Just-Want-It-Cause-Cheryl-Cole-Has-It Brigade. It just won't work there. and all the touch ups in the world will just make it worse/scarred in the long run.

don't do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Yeah I'd take hot2def's advice and not get it on the side of your hand.

Also empirix banned for a week month for being a muppet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

DA365 wrote: »
    I dont want to look cool

I have been looking at memorial tat’s over the past few weeks , there is some really good work out there that might give you an idea of something that will look a lot better than just text ,not that there is anything wrong with just text it’s just if the religious aspect means that much to you there is a hole lot of options that could incorporate that bit (it ‘s always nice to know your options) , personally when it comes to script I like some thing that is easily read fancy stuff looks nice but isn’t always easy to read

• Registered Users Posts: 26 kellyc

DA365 there is a font that im getting myself i think its so nice its called "edwardian script" looks really nice in bold if you google it. its the nicest script ive seen

kellyc wrote: »
    DA365 there is a font that im getting myself i think its so nice its called "edwardian script" looks really nice in bold if you google it. its the nicest script ive seen
    thats in ms works word as well;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 kellyc

thats in ms works word as well;)

thats where i found it! but no printer at home and when i emailed it to myself at work it didnt work because had normal word on my computer?!! so i did a lot of copy and pasting on the internet!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

I Like the fourth text and i would really recommend the guy in Finglas Village opposite the Hoi Wun chinese takeaway. I think his names Damien

Karen23 wrote: »
    I Like the fourth text and i would really recommend the guy in Finglas Village opposite the Hoi Wun chinese takeaway. I think his names Damien
    Karen in wild cat ink (jervis street) did some script from my sister the other weekend I have to say it was excellent line work ;)

Advertisement