Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quiet pub tonight

Options
  • 17-10-2009 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

Can you recommend a pub that would be quiet tonight? In the city centre only.
    Thanks

would the george be quiet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

Not many pubs in town quiet on a home game night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

The George was quiet enough to get comfortable seats, space and hear each other talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

ah the rugby was on early town wasnt crazy like the 2006 final,the munster buzz is kinda gone cause all the fans can get tickets and dont have to watch in pubs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

yesterdays game wasnt exactly a glamour game so you wouldnt get many in the pubs wqatching specially with soccer on at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

It was an early start game, against a team from pretty far away so very few travelling fans, early in season, so the bandwagoners havent latched on yet.
    I'll be demoted to watching the later games in the pub once the bandwagoners get interested again and all the corporate tickets are snapped up, I only got tickets from supporters club because of returns from the Munster allocation. Very frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭jmccoy

zuroph wrote: »
    It was an early start game, against a team from pretty far away so very few travelling fans, early in season, so the bandwagoners havent latched on yet.
    I'll be demoted to watching the later games in the pub once the bandwagoners get interested again and all the corporate tickets are snapped up, I only got tickets from supporters club because of returns from the Munster allocation. Very frustrating.

Not to be pedantic or cause offence, but join your local club and you should have no bother with tickets. As for the corporate market, its gone very quiet.

On quiet pubs, most pubs in Limerick are quiet these days. Last night was very bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

jmccoy wrote: »
    Not to be pedantic or cause offence, but join your local club and you should have no bother with tickets. As for the corporate market, its gone very quiet.

On quiet pubs, most pubs in Limerick are quiet these days. Last night was very bad.
    there's a problem with joining the local club, several family allegiances dragging me in several directions, better not to open that can of worms :p

Advertisement