Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitting speakers in 5 rooms

Options
  • 17-10-2009 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

Want to do the following and would appreciate advice;

1. Fit sound system so that same msic is heard in 5 different rooms.
    2. Use CD or ipod with amplifier.
    3. Fit volume control to each room so that can adjust volume independently.

Would appreciate any advice on ;
    a. type of amplifier.
    b. Type of speakers
    c. Best wiring arrangement.

Moderator; have asked similar question in Electrical forum but got no response. I thought this forum might be more appropriate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭higster

Did you consider a Sonos set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Don't know what a Sonas set up is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Found Sonos on internet.
    Looks great. A little expensive though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭knx

What is the budget and how much of an issue is running cables. Is it a new build or retrofit. Check out www.russound.com and www.nuvotechnologies.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭PaddyThai

No problem running cables as building is being renovated. No idea on budget as no idea what system will cost. Wasn't planning on spending thousands though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭higster

I'm building now. Put in pair of speakers in most rooms wired back to central point (threw in cat cable while I was at it).

I intend to but a sonos zp120 for each room over time starting with two (a grand all in) and you do not necessairly need to do speakers in all rooms...I got 100yoyo pairs, not top end but decent).

I'll use my iPhone as a controller. Wiring cost feck all (and yes its decent, not top end branding but good enough gage).

Russound and nuvo are very good but very very very expensive for what you get. I reakon I'm getting the same for a third the price. I also THINK ou need a professional to install them (software releated?) and I do not like the wall controllers (lazy fecker that I am like the idea of whipping controller out of pocket or from coffee table without moving vs going over to a wall a couple feet away).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭knx

Builderfromhell, I saw your post on the electrical forum and would agree with 10-10-20's response. Get some 49 strand speaker cable from local elec wholesalers. Perfect for what you want to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 DJMIX

knx wrote: »
    Builderfromhell, I saw your post on the electrical forum and would agree with 10-10-20's response. Get some 49 strand speaker cable from local elec wholesalers. Perfect for what you want to do.

I'm in the process of looking in to this at the moment as I have a pre-wired house, looks as though it needs a multiroom controller of some sort or at least independent amps. Was looking ar the sonos set up but want wall mounted control panels as well as the wireless control (mainly because they look cool and I lose remotes lol)

Found one on ebay I think i'll go for, online retailer rather than second hand though

Advertisement