Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Essays

Options
  • 17-10-2009 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hey I was just wondering if anyone did well in the lc history 2009 , and had any advice about how they stduied for essays? or if they even had any essays trhey didnt want anymore? its a pretty broad course so id say it would help most ppl on this thing that are doing history this year.

Cheers,

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Make sure your answers always address the question asked.

This is the danger involved in learning off essays - unless the essay happens to be on the exact question you are asked, you could write pages of 'a great answer' and get about 25% for it. From observations by people who viewed scripts, more and more often the SEC examiners are looking out for (and penalising) memorised essays.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Do not think if something didn't come up last year, it will come up this year. A lot of people did this on here last year and were going mental over it. Luckily, I was one of the few who was happy enough with the paper.

For the case studies, it's a good idea to remember a timeline of events that occured rather than a giant essay. It really worked well for my essay on the lockout and the five year plans last year.

Best of luck with it all.

Advertisement