Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALCS-Yankees v Angels

Options
  • 17-10-2009 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭

Game one was last night,4-1 win for the Yankees to take a 1-0 series lead. The Angels looked off last night,maybe it was the freezing conditions in the Northeast but then again both teams had the same cold and windy conditions. 'Twas funny to see many of the players wearing ski masks and gloves!!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Yanks edge second game of the series 4-3 to take a 2-0 series lead. Excellent pitching by Burnett and some more uncharacteristic errors by the Angels,i think they'll be happy to get back to the warmth of the west coast and regroup for game 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

I cant believe it. 5.30 or something, Id managed to stay awake through the top of the 13th and THEN i fall asleep!!! Raging..after all that I missed the shaggin end :D

Will take it tho ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

<3 Vlad. What a gamer!

Everyones an angels fan now! :rolleyes:

Come on aroid! :D

Is Abreu still on the Yankees payroll?:p

• Advertisement

Is tex still on angels? :p

Will it be another late walk off win for the Yankees or have the Angels got the fight in them? Intriguing game i must say.

Great save by Rivera,my nerves are gone! Lets go Yankees!

Great hit by Mathis,game over,Yanks lead 2-1 after game 3.

Ah seriously WTF was Giardi doing taking Roberston out with no-one on.

Too much mixing and matching for my liking but at least I get some sleep :o

• Advertisement

Mad_Max wrote: »
    Ah seriously WTF was Giardi doing taking Roberston out with no-one on.

Too much mixing and matching for my liking but at least I get some sleep :o

Even the boys in the commentary booth are WTF was Giardi thinking?!!

Ah well,4 games to go and it's interesting.

And C.C. is back!

Not to take anything away from the angels, it was a no doubt walk-off but It was a ridiculous decision. I really cant think of any reason for it.

If he wanted aceves in for whatever reason, wait till the next inning or if Kenrick gets on.

I really hope that doesnt come back to haunt him (and us).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Mad_Max wrote: »
    Everyones an angels fan now! :rolleyes:

Come on aroid! :D

tbh I couldn't care less who wins. I just like seeing the stars come up big when they're meant to (except A-rod of course)

I dont mind when arod gets his hits, at least we get to look at Kate Hudson for a few seconds :p

Seriously can't do another late night so will probably miss tonights game, just hope to God someone locks giardi in the dugout! I don't want to wake up in the morning and see him out on the mound making another pitching change :D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭JohnHenry

Have to agree, J. Gir. has to take responsibility for that loss, D. Rob was dealing, his confidence was up and he was throwing strikes, crazy move to take him out, that book he has in the dugout looks a bit much, needs to trust his instincts a bit more:p

He needs a smack in the head with that book! :P

Big game tonight, don't want the angels getting momentum then have AJ going out there in game 5 looking 3-2 in the face.

Comfortable win for the Yankees last night. Only seen brief highlights but it looks like another powerful pitching display by C.C. and some good hitting. Momentum is with the Yanks now,looking good.

Not a good start at all! Strand 2 with none out then angels score 2 with none out :(

Edit: Jesus they're pounding AJ

AJ done well to limit that to 4!

I missed the first half hour,turned it on and Yanks are 4 down!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Hopefully the Yankees win tonight so we can potentially get Lee V Sabathia on Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Hopefully the Yankees win tonight so we can potentially get Lee V Sabathia on Wednesday.

Got it

However the weather looks suspect for Wednesday so it could be delayed. A shame since I'll be there for a few short days:(

Advertisement