Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Editors new album

Options
  • 17-10-2009 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Have 2 say very disappointed with it was hoping for a lot better. It seems that their first album the back room had everyone expecting big things from them.

Any opinions??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Haven't heard the album, but they played quite a lot of new stuff - maybe 5 songs - in Limerick last week.

I liked it, it shows that they're not afraid to try something different. While I'm a listener, I've always been of the opinion that Editors' songs all sound the exact fúcking same, so it's a refreshing change of sound for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I liked that one sound!

I'm provisionally disappointed, but will listen to it a couple more times at least before making up my mind on a first impression.

Given their unwelcome reputation of Joy Division rip offs, moving on to New Order does seem on the surface a lamentably silly move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ryaner09

the new album is brilliant 85 percent of that alum is great i giv 5 out of 5

they are not a rip of joy division and nutin lik new order ye they did the same transition as new order they dont sound the same as far as im concerened they explored other intruments and on this album they used old 80's synths and used sample machines and dey used dem quit well they always did have a element of synths in their music its jus now dev found anew style and they like it and suits dem quite well and they are being critized for it now people have their own opinions i myself think dey remind me of joy division

cheers hope they make another album just likie this one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

ryaner09 wrote: »
    the new album is brilliant 85 percent of that alum is great i giv 5 out of 5

they are not a rip of joy division and nutin lik new order ye they did the same transition as new order they dont sound the same as far as im concerened they explored other intruments and on this album they used old 80's synths and used sample machines and dey used dem quit well they always did have a element of synths in their music its jus now dev found anew style and they like it and suits dem quite well and they are being critized for it now people have their own opinions i myself think dey remind me of joy division

cheers hope they make another album just likie this one

Man, I love Joy Division/New Order and I love Editors and that's not unrelated.

I wouldn't call them a rip off, but definitely say they've been heavily influenced by that band(s).

I personally think that right now it's the weakest of their albums. I'll fully allow myself change opinion with repeated listening, but fairly sure it won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

Man, I love Joy Division/New Order and I love Editors and that's not unrelated.

I wouldn't call them a rip off, but definitely say they've been heavily influenced by that band(s).

I personally think that right now it's the weakest of their albums. I'll fully allow myself change opinion with repeated listening, but fairly sure it won't.

I'd agree that it's the weaker than the other two albums, but so are most things! It's a big change in direction but putting to one side what they've done before, I still think it's a good record. Nothing amazing, but a solid, listenable album.

And forget indie credibility for a second, pappilon is a fcuking monster tune. Love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement