Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone causing iTunes to Freeze

Options
  • 17-10-2009 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hey guys. I bought a 3GS just after launch but at the time, i was in my parents house, and did not have access to my pc. It has been a couple of months, but I have finally got both together. Only problem is, that iTunes wont recognise the phone. When I connect it to the PC, it makes the connection sound, the phone starts charging, iTunes opens but doesn't give me any options for the phone, and then freezes. If i go into task manager, it says that iTunes is not responding. If I remove the iPhone, it imediatly starts responding again.

Have tried rebooting both the PC and phone and tried several usb ports, but still no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Also, when I connect the iPhone, Vista comes up with the following AutoPlay options:

Device Options.

Import Pictures using Windows.
    Import Pictures and Videos using Windows Live Photo Gallery
    Open Device to view files using windows explorer.

No option for iTunes.

Would my pc have installed some drivers that are getting in the way by any chance?

Advertisement