Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Henderson could be going to Strikeforce

Options
  • 17-10-2009 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

According to Yahoo, 'Dan Henderson’s career with the Ultimate Fighting Championship has ground to a close in a contract stalemate, and the former two-division PRIDE champion appears on the verge of signing a deal with the rival Strikeforce promotion.'. Seriously what's Dana White thinking, the middleweight is not exactly stacked and definitely one of the best fighters out there still at 39.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

hmmmmmm wrote: »
    According to Yahoo, 'Dan Henderson’s career with the Ultimate Fighting Championship has ground to a close in a contract stalemate, and the former two-division PRIDE champion appears on the verge of signing a deal with the rival Strikeforce promotion.'. Seriously what's Dana White thinking, the middleweight is not exactly stacked and definitely one of the best fighters out there still at 39.

I think it all stems down to Dan demanding a title shot as his next fight, would be a big loss to UFC IMO.

What i find funny is that Bisping was promised a shot if he beat Hendo, so Hendo knock's him the fcuk out and isn't get a new contract??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 tubz

both bisping and hendo were offered the title shot if they won, dana smelt the cash 4m a silva v vitor fyt 2 much 2 resist, then he ****d hendo off. hendo is 100% ryt 2 leave ufc

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭DryCleanOnly

TBH i think Hendo is just bitching and moaning like Couture/Ortiz/Rampage did, he is just holding out for more money and trying to force Dana's hand he has no intention of signing with Strikeforce (who is he going to fight there Jake Sheilds?) he would be better off going with DREAM he still has a great reputation in Japan, I do think he deserves another shot at Silva, he has beaten Vitor in Pride and it seams like the UFC has forgetting that. Since knocking out Bisping he should be no1 contender, but it looks like the UFC is banking on Vitor to have the best shot of taking down Silva and being the main man in the middleweight division.

he could fyt mousasi. I agree dream would b better tho bud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

tubz wrote: »
    both bisping and hendo were offered the title shot if they won, dana smelt the cash 4m a silva v vitor fyt 2 much 2 resist, then he ****d hendo off. hendo is 100% ryt 2 leave ufc
    he could fyt mousasi. I agree dream would b better tho bud.

Jesus Christ, will you ever learn to spell :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The boy who cried wolf...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

I love hendo, but i dont think he'll do much against silva if they fight again. Its not the most compelling match up at this stage either..

I would really like to see him beat up marquadt though..

I dont blame hendo for trying to get the best deal possible. Hopefully him and zuffa will sort things out, and we'll see him in the octagon in the next few months..

mossy monk, ill spell it ova your face you ****ing tube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

shouldnt you be doing homework :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

:mad:
    shouldnt you be doing homework :pac::pac:

your ma has me ****d lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭wandy

I do think he deserves another shot at Silva, he has beaten Vitor in Pride and it seams like the UFC has forgetting that

Yea maybe he has beating Belfort in a different organisation but Hendo's already had a shot at Silva and was choked out in 2nd round. I think Belfort will be interesting for Silva as an opponent as he is a fresh face. Silva even said he would only fight Marquardt or Hendo if they face off first cause he already fought them both and wasnt motivated to face them again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Hendo is such a masterful negoitator isnt he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Bodysmart

I'd imagine that if he went to Strikeforce and got badly beaten by the likes of Mousasi, he'll find it very hard to come back and cut another deal with the UFC.

I'm a huge fan of Hendo though and would love to see him matched up against Mousasi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

ah ,i'd hate to see Hendo leave UFC , he's a legend of the sport.
    i thought he gave A.Silva a really good fight the last time (I actually thought he won the first round). I'd love to see a rematch.

Advertisement