Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nose bleeds

Options
  • 16-10-2009 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Is there anything I can do before a fight to make my nose less likely to bleed? I know the obvious and correct answer is keep the guard up and don't get hit in the nose. Assuming that I'm working on that, is there anything else that can help prevent nose bleeds, or help stop them?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

patjunfa wrote: »
    Is there anything I can do before a fight to make my nose less likely to bleed? I know the obvious and correct answer is keep the guard up and don't get hit in the nose. Assuming that I'm working on that, is there anything else that can help prevent nose bleeds, or help stop them?

Thanks

Paco,

You got it in one, stop getting punched in the face. I dont know of anything you can do to make your nose not bleed if you get hit. Good luck in the upcoming shan shou competition.

Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I don't know if it's effective,but a girl I know does boxing and used to bleed like crazy, she(iirc) got the nerve endings in her nose burned or something??

Maybe another poster will be able to explain what I'm going on about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭KevinH

Put a small bit of vaseline both in the nose (to soften it) and on the nose (to help shots slide off).

However, this will only help a small amount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭aws

I have the exact same problem sparring in muay thai, even say 25% or so power a shot to my nose will cause a feckin fountain. I was told that its blood vessls on the inside of your nose, close to the surface that burst on impact. I was also told that once there al,l more or less burst then it will stop
    after time.
    Apart from the obvious keeping your guard up but some times you just get tagged with a lapse of concentration, so im going to see what happens and work on my guard more.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭patjunfa

aws wrote: »
    I was also told that once there al,l more or less burst then it will stop after time.

wow, so if i bash my own nose a few hours before, enough that I've burst all the superficial blood vessels, I should have an indestructable nose..cool:cool:
    Might try the vasoline n the keepin the gaurd up bit 1st.
    cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement