Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Pint in Louth

Options
  • 16-10-2009 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

I'm wondering what pub serves the best pint in Louth. Does any pub go the extra mile to produce the perfect pint ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

You'll need to clarify a bit: stout or lager? (or ale even?)

Anyway, best pint of lager in town would be a pint of Budvar in the Spirit Store.

Best stout is Guinness in The Stone House, Blackrock.

Best ale: just joking, all ale is ****e! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

I can understand the premise of your topic, but as funglegunk pointed out, perhaps your post could be defined a little more as to what kind of pint?

Confused.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

Funglegunk wrote: »
    You'll need to clarify a bit: stout or lager? (or ale even?)

Anyway, best pint of lager in town would be a pint of Budvar in the Spirit Store.

Best stout is Guinness in The Stone House, Blackrock.

Best ale: just joking, all ale is ****e! :P
    +1.
    The Stone house - a FANTASTIC pint of the black stuff no doubt about it!
    The Store is always decent for a pint too, but Budvar is great there also.
    Beerkeeper/ (bartender?) is or at least was good for a macardles ale.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭LOTTOWINNER

I haven't been in every pub in county Louth, YET! but the Brewery Tavern in castlebellingham serves up a lovely pint of stout, the fact that the kegs are directly under the taps may be a factor.

DamoDLK wrote: »
    Beerkeeper/ (bartender?) is or at least was good for a macardles ale.

Beerkeeper for old-schoolers! Bartender for everyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bottomdog

Beers pint of lager or stout, it's an open topic, what about in the south of the county

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Gleesons in West Street Drogheda for a superb pint of guinness, all the draught beers in there are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

Beerkeeper for old-schoolers! Bartender for everyone else.

Ah i'd call it the beerkeeper, but recently (since i left, i think) they've gone and renamed it... doesn't matter really its always going to be the beerkeeper for me!

Love the way that they have real fires burning there too. Great atmosphere altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Toales for me in Dundalk. Tenantys or Byrnes in Ardee have good pints.

I'm mainly talking about Guinness though. I have drank lager in most as well.

Bollocks now I want a beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 dathai60

Levins Clogherhead great pints if your ever down our way

• Advertisement

Actually Courtneys in Dundalk have a good pint of stout. I am in no way biased seeing as it's my local :pac:

DamoDLK wrote: »
    Ah i'd call it the beerkeeper, but recently (since i left, i think) they've gone and renamed it... doesn't matter really its always going to be the beerkeeper for me!

Love the way that they have real fires burning there too. Great atmosphere altogether!

Yeah the guy who used to own it upped sticks and left for Bordeaux I think. He took the name 'Beerkeeper' with him, so they changed it to the closest syllabic equivalent to keep the old crowd. You can't beat a pint beside the fire early afternoon Christmas Eve. Ahhh looking forward to it now. :D

Anybody recommend the best pint of Bud in town? Am a Bud drinker these days, sick of Carlsberg and Becks now.

Anybody recommend the best pint of Bud in town? Am a Bud drinker these days, sick of Carlsberg and Becks now.

Sorry to keep bringing up Courtneys but they I believe have a great pint of Bud. Have the ice cold tap (complete with about a half inch of frost:)) and everything.

Saying that I have no idea about the quality of any Bud in town. I don't drink it. Just going on what I have been told.

Insurgent wrote: »
    Sorry to keep bringing up Courtneys but they I believe have a great pint of Bud. Have the ice cold tap (complete with about a half inch of frost:)) and everything.

Saying that I have no idea about the quality of any Bud in town. I don't drink it. Just going on what I have been told.

Haven't been in Courteneys in ages (they play the music a bit too loud for me), will give the Bud a go sure!

Haven't been in Courteneys in ages (they play the music a bit too loud for me), will give the Bud a go sure!

Jaysus, they don't play the music these days loud enough for me. Hard to hear these days. If there is ball on then no music. Sundays the bands can be a bit loud but the rest of the week is a different story.

I want a pint now :(

Insurgent wrote: »
    Jaysus, they don't play the music these days loud enough for me. Hard to hear theses days. If there is ball on then no music. Sundays the bands can be a bit loud but the rest of the week is a different story.

I want a pint now :(

Hmmm, sounds good to me. Hate really loud music in pubs! Surefire way to drive me out of there. Gaggin for a pint myself actually! Sooooon my precious... *strokes pint*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

The Neptune in Blackrock does a lovely pint of Guinness. Kennedys near Dundalk train station do nice pints in general

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Best pint of Harp in Dundalk = McKeowns on Clanbrassil Street. Hear only good things about the stout as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Kenteach

Rugby Club in Drogheda has as good a pint of guinness as you'll get anywhere. Apart from maybe the front bar of the Quay House in Galway, think its probably the best I've had.

Best pint of Harp in Dundalk = McKeowns on Clanbrassil Street. Hear only good things about the stout as well.

Yep McKeowns have goot stout in there. There beer etc. is generally to a very good standard.

• Advertisement
Advertisement