Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sequel < Prequel?

Options
  • 16-10-2009 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

In an attempt to finish off my DC collection, I've got a list of some 30 games I want to get. Now some of these are the original and the sequel and in an effort to save money, I'm thinking just get the sequel, it should be better, nescafe?

I know it's not always the case though that the second (or third or fourth) is better. I just wonder if people have any good examples where the phrase "original and the best" is apt?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,014 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Rocket Knight adventures would be one. MGS 1 is better than MGS 2. MGS 3 is better than that pos MGS4. Jack the Nipper was better than the sequel. Mario Bros 1 better than both versions of Mario Bros 2. It happens just not very often. If it's story based I'd always have to have the full st of game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,639 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Streets of rage 2 is better than both vesions of 3.

Metal Slug X is better than anything that came after. And Metal Slug 1 is better than them all.

Sonic 1 is the best Sonic game, no matter what any of ye think! :P

Desert Strike is better than Jungle and Urban.

Tomb Raider 1 is the only decent game in the series.

Half life is a million (+1) times better than Half Life 2.

I could go on and on but wont as it's mostly just my own misguided opinion rather than widly believed fact.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,014 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    Sonic 1 is the best Sonic game, no matter what any of ye think! :P

Get out of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Sonic 2 was the best.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Get out of it!

+1 :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement