Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something that reminds me of Ireland

Options
  • 16-10-2009 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hey everybody,

I will leave the country next month and head back to Germany. I have been here for 14 months and Im thinking of getting something small that reminds me of Ireland. I will already get one tattoo at the end of this month but I would also like something "ireland-themed".

Any ideas? At first I thought of a celtic cross but I dont like the connotations with religion (not a huge fan^^)

I was mainly in Dublin so if you know a patern, sign or symbol, I'd be happy to hear them from you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

What about something like the Entrance Stone from Newgrange, or a design along these lines?
    ng-k1-700.jpg

Or probably won't mean anything to you, but I loved the art off the old Irish Punt (our currency before the Euro) notes:
    919093A.jpg
    (^ I have one of those in nice crisp condition myself :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 DhalsimHibiki

Thanks. A friend already told me not to go for a shamrock as that might be a little cheesy. As if somebody gets a beer stein in germany xD.

I am really intrigued by some celtic animal desugns. Particularely the stag:celtic-stag.gif
    I just would like the motive to have a stronger connection to ireland. Is there anything celtic that particularly has to do with ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

Get a tattoo of biffo :eek:

Oh, and just so you know, Celtic crosses predate Christianity by roughly 10,000 years...

Oh, and just so you know, Celtic crosses predate Christianity by roughly 10,000 years...

I know. Swastikas also predated the 3rd Reich but the connotation changed (not that Im saying its the same, its just a good example)

• Advertisement

I know. Swastikas also predated the 3rd Reich but the connotation changed (not that Im saying its the same, its just a good example)
    Oh I know, I was actually thinking the exact same thing just after posting that! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭glaston

mr_tayto.jpg

lol, full-back Tayto would be good...but I dont like crisps and popcorn :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Guinness tattoo, FTW!!!:D
    hahaha

Is there a moment from your time in Ireland that really sticks out as your favorite?
    Take an image from that and work it into a tattoo, a good artist could draw a mental image if you describe it to him, also.

It will mean so much more to you, this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

poem or line as gaeilge,wolf hound....http://www.luckyfishart.com/irwoche.html
    luckyfishart_2071_75529406

• Advertisement

Thanks to everybody. I will think about it until the tattoo convention. Right now I like the Celtic Griffin a lot:

AAAACz5t6nIAAAAAAA02kA.jpg?v=1227631767000

Does anybody know a person who is able to make such a "celtified" animal? I would love to have a sloth (my favourite animal^^) in this kind of art style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 dysfunktional

glaston wrote: »
    mr_tayto.jpg

you took the words out of my mouth,

Advertisement