Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New nightclub in Blanchardstown Retail Pk?

Options
  • 16-10-2009 10:07am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm hearing ads on Spin1038 about a new nightclub in Blanch Retail Park called 'Light'?? I've googled it and nothing is coming up.. Don't get me wrong I'm sure it's just gona be another sh1thole like Heaven but I'm just nosy as I live in the area and haven't heard a thing about it??

Anyone? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

xzanti wrote: »
    I'm hearing ads on Spin1038 about a new nightclub in Blanch Retail Park called 'Light'?? I've googled it and nothing is coming up.. Don't get me wrong I'm sure it's just gona be another sh1thole like Heaven but I'm just nosy as I live in the area and haven't heard a thing about it??

light is basically just the new name for heaven,same like when it was changed from west to heaven,same venue,same scum nothings changed but the name

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

triple-M wrote: »
    light is basically just the new name for heaven,same like when it was changed from west to heaven,same venue,same scum nothings changed but the name

Ah ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

There seems be workers in Heaven at the moment so maybe the place is getting a refit aswell as a new name.

BTW anyone know who owns Heaven/Light?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭peteypop

ITS heaven under a new name,no i think ill give it a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Yeh they ripped out some of the seats so there is some sort of re-fit. Can't be too drastic as they only closed a few weeks ago.

I think its re-opening on the 25th.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Advertisement

kenon wrote: »
    Yeh they ripped out some of the seats so there is some sort of re-fit. Can't be too drastic as they only closed a few weeks ago.

I think its re-opening on the 25th.
    afaik it opened last night i overheard some lads talking about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Jessiemac

Enii wrote: »
    There seems be workers in Heaven at the moment so maybe the place is getting a refit aswell as a new name.

BTW anyone know who owns Heaven/Light?
    I was told it is Patrick Kilmartin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

I've been told they've taken out the balcony over the dancefloor and raised the dancefloor to the same level as the rest of the lower floor.

I'm sure it's still a hole and though and won't be giving it my custom (if I do it'll be our annual "This'll be a good idea" trip that inevitably turn's out muck).

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Awesome-O

has anyone been yet? im curious but dont wanna go myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sinead12

xzanti wrote: »

Yeah I went to the old club Heaven and I wasnt mad about it I thought the dance floor was tiny and the crowd was a bit rough. Just cause I was being nosey went for the opening weekend of Light. The new place is so much nicer. I couldnt believe it when I saw it bigger dance floor, better service and such a better crowd they really cleaned the place up big time. I've gone with the girls the past 3 Saturdays haven seen one fight, just cant get enough of it Keep up the good work Light. This is to everybody dont knock it till you've tried it! It is a really good club.

• Advertisement

Sinead12 wrote: »
    Yeah I went to the old club Heaven and I wasnt mad about it I thought the dance floor was tiny and the crowd was a bit rough. Just cause I was being nosey went for the opening weekend of Light. The new place is so much nicer. I couldnt believe it when I saw it bigger dance floor, better service and such a better crowd they really cleaned the place up big time. I've gone with the girls the past 3 Saturdays haven seen one fight, just cant get enough of it Keep up the good work Light. This is to everybody dont knock it till you've tried it! It is a really good club.

I give it 6 months :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

I give it until christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

It actually looks nice.. Shame about the fvckwits who frequent the place:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

I heard from somebody that its €3 a drink in the month of November.

Theres a €10 or €15 admission though. The place does look good though and looks like there is a lot more seats.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2 joshnshar

anyone know if light is opne on the 25th dcember

joshnshar wrote: »
    anyone know if light is opne on the 25th dcember
    nope its closed ,open 26th afaik

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement