Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NLCS - Phillies v Dodgers

Options
  • 16-10-2009 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Alright guys, predictions for NLCS,

manny is starting to hit again, bringing the dodgers offence back to life, more energy and confidence but the Phillies line up is so solid, not an easy out there and some big sluggers in there too.
    Pedro announced to start game 2 aswell, should be inteeresting!
    Hard to see past the phillies i think in the series, think the Dodgers need Game 1 badly,

Any thoughts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

gonna go for a phillies win tonight, mmm my rationale is that they were 11/10 and i needed something to watch, hoping manny is kept at bay tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Big Chief wrote: »
    gonna go for a phillies win tonight, mmm my rationale is that they were 11/10 and i needed something to watch, hoping manny is kept at bay tonight :)

15/8 now, 1-0 to Dodgers in the 5th. I put something small on that.

Neither pitcher giving much away. I'd disagree with the OP, I'd have had Dodgers slight favourites going into the series, only because of the home advantage. I really hope Phillies pull it off though.

Having watched NL properly for the first time this season I'm certain these are the 2 best teams in the league. Delighted it's this matchup.

Edit: just as I post this, Phillies with a 3-run HR! Glad I got the bet in. Come on lads.

2 RBI single for Phillies to go 5-1, now Manny gets a 2x HR, 5-4. Good game, great inning this (5th). Game on!

Well, it was a late one. Wow. Excellent start from the Phillies.

Anyone know where I might get tickets for Monday? I was told there's still tickets available from ticketmaster but as of today the site doesn't have anything for Philadelphia, but it has tickets including World Series for the other 3 teams/venues?

Stubhub is my last resort.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

8-10 wrote: »
    Well, it was a late one. Wow. Excellent start from the Phillies.

Anyone know where I might get tickets for Monday? I was told there's still tickets available from ticketmaster but as of today the site doesn't have anything for Philadelphia, but it has tickets including World Series for the other 3 teams/venues?

Stubhub is my last resort.

wish i could help but haven't the foggiest but hope you get it and congrats on taking the bet aswell :)

was a really enjoyable match and sat up till the bottom of the 9th waiting for a dodger comeback but alas it wasnt to be :)

just got home from work not long ago not even seen the result of game 2 yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Looked like pure dommination by the Phillies last night winning 11-0. Didn't see the game but Cliff Lee was the unsung hero apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭JohnHenry

Yep, cliff lee was excellent, great command of all his stuff, pressure was off him early though with a 6 run cushion!! Looks like a yankee/Phils world series at the moment, 2 best teams to be fair.
    i would be brillant to see aswell, brillant hitting and pitching on both sides, prob have to have yanks as favourites with the strength of there bullpen, rivera is awesome at the moment(always):eek:

One of the commentators made a great comment in 1 of the games againt the twins, rivera threw his cutter inside to Joe Mauer and his bat just exploded, hit a soft ground ball to 1st, commentator says in typical american fashion: -

"Rivera just threw mauer a chainsaw on the inside corner"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

JohnHenry wrote: »
    "Rivera just threw mauer a chainsaw on the inside corner"

Lol think that was Ron Darling. I have to say I like his commentary. He beats Buck/Mc Carver or me anyway!

Arrived in Philly at 7.30 eastern. Game just ended. Amazing. Great atmosphere in the pubs here. Hope they close out this series now!!!

Great game last night, Phillies bats come up big again, bottom of the line up get on base to give J.rol a chance to drive in the winning runs, No easy out on that phillies line up, scary stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

JohnHenry wrote: »
    One of the commentators...

I love listening to Vin Scully of the Dodgers. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

He's the best by far!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

zuutroy wrote: »
    He's the best by far!

Definitely. :cool:

Though we (Jays fan aren't you?) do have Jerry Howarth ("and the Blue Jays are in flight"), albeit on the radio. ;) I like Mike Wilner too, and though initially I found it hard to like Alan Ashby, I'm warming to him. He and Jerry seem to get on.

Jamie Campbell? Awful. Rod Black? Not much better.

The worse ever? Warren Sawkiw. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Jerry is very good, but its rare I listen to the radio broadcasts now. Campbell is poor enough indeed but he's certainly behind the team and enthusiastic which redeems him a bit and Tabler's analysis makes him seem better too.
    Rod Black has a great voice and I think he does a pretty good job. Jim Hughson is far and away the best TV guy though.

Warren Sawkiw, name rings a bell but can't place him.

One of my favourite bits of Scully commentary is the 18 pitch at bat that Alex Cora had against Matt Clement a few years ago where he eventually homered, but its not on youtube anymore :(

Padiila V Hamels tonight, good match up, be good to see the Dodgers make it go 1 more, even though i hate them:mad:

On a lighter note, i hear they are thinking of putting a hot tub out in left field in dodgertown for manny for the 9th if there is a save oppertunity!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

I think he sucks as an outfielder by the way

9-3 currently, unreal! I'm just back home from the local bar here in Philly where I can hardly move. Had to nip home to pick up something but back to the bar now, this town is insane tonight. Hope to Christ they can close it out so it'll be party central.

:D

Advertisement