Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to recycle fibreglass insulation?

Options
  • 16-10-2009 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

I am re-insulating the attic at the moment and have a good few bags of insulation is there anywhere will recycle it? I called the Cork City Hall they said it was refuse. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

center15 wrote: »
    I am re-insulating the attic at the moment and have a good few bags of insulation is there anywhere will recycle it? I called the Cork City Hall they said it was refuse. :(

why not leave it in place and put the new stuff on top... you can never have too much insulation:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭SLUSK

Selling the extra insulation would be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

It's very old stuff and compressed and worn wouldn't be usable again. Looks like it just has to be bined :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

It's very old stuff and compressed and worn wouldn't be usable again. Looks like it just has to be bined :(

seriously leave it in place and place the new insulation over it....
    best option, gives you better insulation in your house.

Advertisement