Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed.

Options
  • 15-10-2009 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

I'm in a bit a a pickle right now. I got three micro-dermals done today along my spine(love them). I was just cleaning the crusties off there a few minutes ago and the top part of the one directly on my neck literally just popped off. It's like the bottom part of it is gone too far under the skin or something. I've been poking and prodding at it to try get it to screw back in but I've only made contact with the bottom part twice, it didnt screw in much and then just popped off. I can feel the bottom part under the skin, but its not sticking out..
    Does anyone have any ideas what I should do?? At the moment I just have the top part stuck in the skin(not making contact with anything) and a plaster welded over it and am planning on going back and getting it looked at. Shoul I try make contact again or just leave it how it is? I don't really want it to close over and have to get it reopened to get the bottom part out.

Thanks guys :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I wouldnt keep prodding at it, you'll only encourage infection, its how i lost mine. I highly recommend getting back into your piercer as soon as you can to get it looked at. Until then id just keep your hand away, as tempting as it is to try screw it back in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

where did you get it done? Did they give you a 24 hour help line? If so ring it.

To be honest I can't believe someone put micros along your spine, it's very mobile and moves in lots of ways. Even for micros thats putting em to the test I would imagine.

Try get a mate or family member to try screw back in the microdermal. If it doesn't connect easily don't force it as it will just agitate the area.

Microdermal_3.jpg

^that gives you an idea of what it's like.

You could just be swelling up and it just came lose. Take the plaster off anyway as that will just deprive it of oxegen. Have a shower, try a cold compress or something similar to relieve swelling and try screw back on the top.

Again if it doesn't go on easily don't force it. Leave it till tomorrow and go into the piercer.

At this time its just damage limitation, do the best ya can with the situation. Try not sleep on your back and get them to take out the micros, they're not in long enough to for the tissue to mesh through the hole. It's such a bad idea to get them on your spine. Won't lecture but its in your best interest to get them out, even if they look cool

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Birdie

Yeah, I was getting a bit woozy trying to get it back in as well. Knew it wasnt the best idea. Do you reckon I should leave the flat piece just sitting in the hole, plastered over, or take it out? I think if I take it out it'll definatly close over. really don't fancy having to get it reopened ... :eek: Thanks for the reply cupcake. :)

Thanks a million for that Will! great response. I'll definatly give it a go now. The other two actually dont feel too bad.. But i'll see what there like tomorrow. There's no one in the house but me at the moment so I kinda freaked. I've a few microdermals so I know what im trying to do, just hard because I cant see them at all.. If i cant get it back in should I leave it out completely ?

Yeah just leave it out or try get some set up with mirrors so you can see what your at. Leave em out cos you are just gonna irritate the site even more if you can't get em in handy enough.

can't believe the place did it on your spine >.<

• Advertisement

He's done a few unusual ones on me.. Wouldn't have it any other way really. I really dont wanna take them out... :( Hurt like a bitch getting them in. Single most painful thing I've experienced so far.

But thanks again Will for the advice. Calmed me down a bit anyway. Going to throw a cold compress on it and possibly take some nurophen.. =\

good luck with it. go to the studio tomorrow and get em to take a look

Cheers.. I'll let ya's know how I get on anyway. Thanks for the help! :)

Cheers.. I'll let ya's know how I get on anyway. Thanks for the help! :)

All Sorted.. :) Managed to save it. Still a little sore, but I might try the camomile teabags I've heard people talk about around here. Thanks for the help. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement