Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Zanussi integrated fridge freezer

Options
  • 15-10-2009 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hoping someone can advise me please?

Just over a year ago we moved house and purchased a brand new zanussi integrated fridge / freezer (self defrosting) from a leading electrical retailer.
    Now fridge appears to work fine but freezer door is accumlating water at the base of the seal on door and leaking out onto floor when you open the door. I also note that it intermittently gives off "unhealthy" sounds like it is "getting ready to take off" and every now and again there is a "loud bang" coming from the fridge "like a load of ice smashing".

This is definitely not the healthy picture of a year old fridge. I have the receipt but don't know if it is still under guarantee.

Can anyone out there relate to this or understand my predicament?

Thanks for reading and advising

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

yes there is a fan assembly in the freezer at the back of it -air has got in at some stage and iced up -thats the bang you hear ,ice hiting the fan -if you defrost it yourself as in turn it off for 24 hours everything will melt ,dry it out and then restart ,should be fine

common misconception about these type of fridges is that they self defrost -they dont ,they are frost free which is different-they should be manually defrosted every year or so just like normal fridges but the salesman never tells you this

Advertisement