Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitarist-singer looking for bandmate(s)

Options
  • 15-10-2009 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi There,
    I play both Electric and acoustic guitar+ i sing.
    the music that I play is classic rock,rock, 80's heavy, blues, and pop, and i like good american modern country, I'm based in north co dublin and i'm 30
    my influences are going from richie sambora to david gilmour via keith urban, van halen, mark knopfler and much more. I don't really write material ie with lyrics but i might come with some stuff later, i can be a lead guitar player but can also sing and strum.

i'm looking for some people to jam\start a band in north co dublin or in dublin centre.
    my favourite project would be to get someone to form an acoustic guitar duet for busking in the streets but i'm not against a full band for covers & original.

Cheers

i'm gonna start busking from this week end and the set list will includes the following bands\artist
    david gilmour, guns, beatles, rolling stones, bon jovi, neil young, poison, etc..
    much more songs being learnt as well,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Scoual

little bump

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭mitchmeister

im 25 guitarist from north dublin, same influences! wana start somethin!

Sure, pm me and we'll get somethin runnin,
    went busking this morning well i need to learn more songs and go elsewhere , :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

where did you busk?

malahide main street in the village, had to compete with the traffic...
    well i'll probably try the park next time and then the city, :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

:D what sort of stuff were you playin and how much did you make if you don't mind me askin

bump :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Colzed

Hi Scoual.
    We're lookin for a Lead Guitarist for our band 9THLIFE.
    We're a band based in Westmeath (Near Kinnegad). We have a practice space and small recording studio there. Our Drummer travels from Leixlip and the bassist travels from Portlaois so we're very commited to gettin this band up and running. We have gigs lined up for Late Nov and Dec and we have a manager in place. We have some tunes on www.myspace.com/9thlifemetal so you can check them out and let me know if this would be of interest to you. Our age range is from 26 to 41.

At the moment I write the main rhythm riffs and then leave it up to the lads to come up with there parts.

Colm.

Hey Colm,
    thanks for the comment, as i don't have a transport other than public transport, i'm more looking for something in dublin city or in norh co dublin around malahide, portmarnock.

all the best to find your lead player.

Cheers
    Scoual

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Colzed

No worries,

Good luck with your own search.

Colm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dublinguy08

Hey Scoual,
    I play the acoustic guitar and have wanted to go busking but never had time to learn enough songs. Maybe we can jam together? and build up agoo list.
    Cheers
    Daragh

hey daragh,
    no problem we could give it a try for a jam,
    let me know when it'll suit you
    cheers

;)

bumpidoo :D

bump as ihaven't heard from the 2 others:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭kimnjess

I'm in Balbriggan, 40, don't know about busking but I'd be up for a jam sometime if you're into it. I play guitar, blues, rock and a little metal.

Hi kimnjess,
    thanks for the reply,
    yes we could always have a jam around, pm me so that we can arrange something.

bump for the rest,
    basically looking for someone with backing vocals and good guitar skills rhythm & lead so that we can interact.
    otherwise looking for a band as a lead guitar player with backing vocals, blues rock-heavy orientated.
    cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭coady

Hi there

Im 35 Been playing guitar 20 plus years told im good, :D . have you sorted a band out ? Like all types of rock music , neil young , whitesnake , megadeth , Irion maiden , QOTSA . Way to many to put in the post

Still looking for a band or a partner in crime. ;)

Advertisement