Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Progressive Nation 2009

Options
  • 15-10-2009 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

Any feedback from boardies who were at the recent UK shows?

I was at the Glasgow gig and it was a fantastic night. While I wouldn't really be into Unexpect, I thought they played a great set. BigElf were the surprise of the night. It took me a few spins to get into their new album, but they came across very well in Glasgow....great performance and nice bunch of lads who stood about talking to us and posing for photos.

Opeth were excellent with some great banter and musicianship.

Dream Theater were out of this world. Note perfect and pitch perfect throughout it was a spellbinding performance. Setlist was:
    1. A Nightmare To Remember
    2. A Rite Of Passage
    3. Hollow Years
    4. Keyboard Solo
    5. Erotomania
    6. Voices
    7. Solitary Shell
    8. Take The Time
    Encore:
    1. The Count Of Tuscany

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Not the perfect DT setlist, but pretty good.

I hate you btw.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

DT sets on the tour were curtailed, basically because of four bands on the bill; it's usually about an hour longer than the 1hr 40mins we got but sure when in the presence of genius etc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

I hope that's not a play on In The Presence of Enemies :rolleyes:

Yeah you'd want at least a 2 or 3 day set to get through DT's best stuff :D

What was Opeth's setlist like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

thats a pretty decent setlist..very surprised voices/erotomania and solitary shell/hollow years made it tho.. since they were played in leeds/southampton in the summer.. but take the time more than makes up for that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ah thught I posted here last night. DT on Saturday were amazing, as wer Opeth. Never got into Unexpect, but Bigelf were very good I thought.

Nightmare to Remember(with Akerfeldt on some vocals)
    The Mirror
    Lie
    <Keyboard Spot>
    Prophets of War
    Wither
    Dance of Eternity
    Percussive Nation 2009
    Take The Tme
    Count of Tuscany

Percussive Nation was an MP drum solo, then with the Unesxpect drummer, then Bigelf, then Opeth, then all 4 of them. Cool thing to see.

Count of Tuscany is the single-handedly most epic song that I will ever see live. The ending is brilliant on cd, and amplified so much live that it somehow becomes even better.

Made England my Prog Nation though with fridays Porcupine Tree gig....amazing stuff, the Incident in entirity is excellent. Other songs were sweet too.

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    Ah thught I posted here last night. DT on Saturday were amazing, as wer Opeth. Never got into Unexpect, but Bigelf were very good I thought.

Nightmare to Remember(with Akerfeldt on some vocals)
    The Mirror
    Lie
    <Keyboard Spot>
    Prophets of War
    Wither
    Dance of Eternity
    Percussive Nation 2009
    Take The Tme
    Count of Tuscany

Percussive Nation was an MP drum solo, then with the Unesxpect drummer, then Bigelf, then Opeth, then all 4 of them. Cool thing to see.

Count of Tuscany is the single-handedly most epic song that I will ever see live. The ending is brilliant on cd, and amplified so much live that it somehow becomes even better.

Made England my Prog Nation though with fridays Porcupine Tree gig....amazing stuff, the Incident in entirity is excellent. Other songs were sweet too.

Dream Theater, Opeth, and Porcupine Tree in a weekend.. jesus id say u can die a happy man!

Dream Theater, Opeth, and Porcupine Tree in a weekend.. jesus id say u can die a happy man!

Gavin Harrison, Mike Portnoy & Martin Axenrot....yeah, that should satisfy for a wet dream really.

Mushy wrote: »
    Gavin Harrison, Mike Portnoy & Martin Axenrot....yeah, that should satisfy for a wet dream really.

nnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiceeeeeeee......:D:D:D

Can't believe I also forgot to put in 'in the entirely non-gay way':eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

I hope that's not a play on In The Presence of Enemies :rolleyes:

Yeah you'd want at least a 2 or 3 day set to get through DT's best stuff :D

What was Opeth's setlist like?

Opeth's setlist: Windowpane; Lotus Eater; Reverie/Harleiquin Forest; April Ethereal; Deliverance; Hex Omega.

Great set. Would love to see DT in ireland soon. If not it'll be back to the UK in 2010 as rumour has it they will be doing their usual longer set.

Bigelf deserve the break. Nice bunch of lads and they delivered a great performance

• Advertisement

Quality stuff right there.

Advertisement