Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALUMINIUM CLADDING JOINTS

Options
  • 15-10-2009 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT SPECIFIC MATERIALS ARE SUITABLE FOR INFILLING GAPS OF UPTO 20MM BETWEEN OVERLAPPING SECTIONS OF ALUMINIUM CLADDING SET AROUND THE OUTSIDE OF RESIDENTIAL WINDOWS?:confused:
    THE ALU CLADDING IS FIXED ONTO A MEMBRANE FIXED ONTO THE EXTERNAL TIMBERS SURROUNDING THE OPES. ALSO A PORTION OF THE TIMBERS AND POLYSTYRENE AT THE BOTTOM OF CLADDING (WHERE THE WINDOW CILL SHOULD BE ) IS EXPOSED TO ELEMENTS.
    THE KIT HOUSE PROVIDER REMOVED THE CILL FOR RESIZING 18 MONTHS AGO AND SET THE CLADDING 1 YEAR AGO BUT DOES NOT LOOK LIKELY THAT THEY ARE RETURNING TO FINISH THE WORK:mad:
    I CANNOT MENTION THE HOUSE PROVIDERS NAME AS I NOTE AN EARLIER THREAD WAS CLOSED DOWN THIS SUMMER WHEN THE COMPANY WAS DISCUSSED. I WAS NOT INVOLVED

ALSO WHAT EXPERIENCE HAVE YOU HAD WITH STO RENDER MATERIALS IN THE WEST OF IRELAND?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,885 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Does anyone know what specific materials are suitable for infilling gaps of upto 20mm betweeb overlapping sections of aluminium cladding set around the outside od residential windows ?:confused:
    The alu-cladding is fixed onto a membrane, fixed onto the external timbers surrounding the opes. Also a portion of the timbers and polystyrene at the bottom of cladding (where the window cill should be) is exposed to elements.

The kit house provider removed teh cill for resizing 18 months ago and set the cladding 1 year ago but does not look likely that they are returning to finish the work :mad:

I cannot mention the house providers name as I note an earlier thread was closed down this summer when the company was discussed. I was not involved.

Also what experience have you had with STO render materials in the west of Ireland. ?:confused:

I was bored so the above is the OP in non capital form so as to not hurt the eyes as much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 monbonjonson

Quazzie Thank you for making my post sound less angry and still allowing capitals on the STO. :D
    The rainy west

Advertisement