Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

train from killarney to dublin

Options
  • 15-10-2009 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭

Hi guys
    Just a quick question - I'm trying to book tickets online for train from killarney to dublin but its showing that from mallow to dublin there's no tickets :confused:
    And then there seem to be new options to get train to portlaoise and then get the bus to heuston... is that website not very reliable for tickets?
    Where else can I buy train tickets - in Dublin?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Hi guys
    Just a quick question - I'm trying to book tickets online for train from killarney to dublin but its showing that from mallow to dublin there's no tickets :confused:
    And then there seem to be new options to get train to portlaoise and then get the bus to heuston... is that website not very reliable for tickets?
    Where else can I buy train tickets - in Dublin?

Thanks for any help

Well, I-dunno-u-tell-me, I think I will tell you :rolleyes:

After I clicked onto http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey/timetables_junction1.asp it allows me to chose options, from the direct trains and the ones connecting at Mallow. All you have to do is click into the boxes at whatever relevant time you wish to travel and proceed to reservations.

Once you register with the site, it will automatically remember your personal details for future travels with them to make it easier for the next time you wish to purchase online.

Happy travelling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

you may be clicking in the wrong area. On the Dublin to Mallow leg of the journey you will have an option to reserve and buy a first class or regular seat. On the Mallow to Killarney bit you only buy a regular seat and you cant reserve it - maybe thats what you are confusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

no it's just showing that there are no tickets available when going from Killarney to Mallow.

I think I will ring up the ticket booking line and see if they can sell tickets for that date

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

there are track improvement works between heuston and newbridge this weekend (http://irishrail.ie/news_centre/news.asp?action=view&news_id=498) but I cant find anything about Nov 1st

??

although according to the legend on that page, the red icon is for "All seats taken"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

found out there won't be a train that day, so booked flights with ryanair.
    any idea how to get to the airport from killarney guys?
    is there a bus or is taxi just as handy?
    thanks

i think bus eireann go every 2 hours direct to the airport.the killarney - tralee bus would also stop in Faranfore village, about 1km from airport

a taxi would be about 30 euro

Advertisement