Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aperition last night

Options
  • 15-10-2009 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I was fairly sleepless last night and didn't manage to get much sleep. At about 01:30 I was wide awake and I was startled by something leaning on the end of my bed. It was like a person but glass like or see through. The red alarm clock lights lit it up and gave it a red glow.

It was there for about 2 to 3 seconds until I asked it out loud what it wanted , then just disappeared like sand being blown around into the air.

I've never seen a ghost that I know of and didn't think they were like this. What was this I seen ? :confused:

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 64 ✭✭2Poc

KTRIC wrote: »
    I was fairly sleepless last night and didn't manage to get much sleep. At about 01:30 I was wide awake and I was startled by something leaning on the end of my bed. It was like a person but glass like or see through. The red alarm clock lights lit it up and gave it a red glow.

It was there for about 2 to 3 seconds until I asked it out loud what it wanted , then just disappeared like sand being blown around into the air.

I've never seen a ghost that I know of and didn't think they were like this. What was this I seen ? :confused:

Interestingly, my sister (a sensible 30+ year old) saw something similar a while back that really frightened her.
    Said it looked like the creature from the predator movie in that it was shimmery see through.

She saw it when she was staying in someone's house & it was behind a door for a while in her bedroom, she could see the kids pictures on the wall through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Hey maybe try googling 'sleep paralysis',it might help somewhat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

It wasn't sleep paralisys as I was able to sit up and talk to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

It wasn't sleep paralisys as I was able to sit up and talk to it.

Right o but are you totally sure? Perhaps it was a lucid dream.

bigeasyeah wrote: »
    Right o but are you totally sure? Perhaps it was a lucid dream.

Definitely sure. I was able to sit up and talk by my own free will. The first thing that popped into my mind was to ask it "what do you want ?" . Obviously nothing because then 1 second later it vanished.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Definitely sure. I was able to sit up and talk by my own free will. The first thing that popped into my mind was to ask it "what do you want ?" . Obviously nothing because then 1 second later it vanished.

Shame, if only you could have touched it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

I hear a lot of stories like this one....

Could it hav been a relative tat u would of known?
    A lot of the time it could be a protective spirit ..

( sits bedside , wlks the corridor , stands at the top /end of the stairs. )
    I remember the time when im pretty certain about seeing my grandad one nite.
    I d say this was about 6 years ago ( i was 14, at this age i only KNEW OF my grandad , never seen him)
    I was goin dwnstairs to go to the toilet and just on the top of the stairs i tot i seen my dad.... i was like " dad , im just goin dwn to the jacs ....(he didnt move out of the way ) , da move i need go down! "....
    And i clearly remember hearing " fine " . and it turn and faded away , now as i was tired and REALLY needed to go to the jacs i didnt think about it tat much until i woke up the next morning and rememberin it, i went out to the landin and on the floor was my dad's nitegown (which i remember seeing the figure wearing) .
    So i went dwn to hav breakfeast , and i asked me dad if he was goin down the stairs last nite , and he said no.
    So ye i kinda let i go and didnt think of it much until a week or 2 later when we wer cleaning out a press and organising old photos....and straight away i seen one and i ask my mam who the person was in the picture and (you should of seen my face when i heard her say ) she said...."Ur Grandad."

I was kinda happy about it all as i do think he just comes and goes to check on us all or just tat he never knew me and wanted to see me OR SOMETHING .....but ye tat my oul ghostly encounter :)

Earlier on in the day when this happened my (now ex) girlfriends mum had an epileptic fit and was taken into hospital. I've known her for 8 years and she's very dear to me. She's been unwell since last year when she had 3 blood clots removed from her brain.

I thought this apparition was her and she had died during the night in hospital. I was really on edge all the next morning until my ex called me to give me an update on her condition in the hospital.

I really don't know who this was. One thing that did strike me is it was leaning on the bed with two hands crouched down and looking at me.

I have experienced other strange carry on in the apartment. Usually when I'm alone. One example was a vase being moved to the middle of a worktop from a window ledge. And more recently, about 3 weeks ago an old Irish one punt coin being moved from a mount on the wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭discostick12

That's interesting.
    I never heard of something like that before.

If it happend to me the first thing that would have popped into my head would have been sleep paralysis cos I suffer from that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Opeth

I too have experienced somthing that looked like what you described. I didn't see it in my bedroom but running across the road infront of our car one night. It looked like, what i described as how you would see an invisible man in a film, has a kinda of outline and shady yet transparent. Just a really strange figure to see. I don't know if i could describe it as a ghost either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anymore strange experiences since you saw the apparation?

Advertisement