Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing machines and Water pressure

Options
  • 15-10-2009 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    I had a flood in my apartment while I was away. Source was the washing machine which was turned off, however there was water in the drum and it seemed to just come out the door.
    Thing is, I turned off the water pump before I left, and because of this I'm told the water pressure was low and this affects the machines water intake. So the solution was, never turn off the pump and always close the washing machine door when it's not in use.
    Understandably, I need to do something about this for insurance reasons, promising I'll never turn off the pump again just doesn't cut it :-).
    Any guidance is very welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭gar.k

doesnt sound right. if your washing machine is switched off, no water whatsoever should get into the machine.it doesnr matter if the pump is on or off. the ONLY way water can get into a machine when it is switched off is if the inlet valve on the machine is not closing fully and there is a slow constant flow of water into the machine. can you confirm that the machine was switched off?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 wyneo

I know, it does sound bizarre.
    Yes, the machine was switched off and the door left open.
    I've had the valve and the machine checked out and both got the all clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

I did renovate some flats/appartements in the past
    what i did is put the washing machines in a showertray or something looks like
    If he starts leaking you never have problems downstairs

and if not in use turn off the water tap

Advertisement