Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New arrival

Options
  • 15-10-2009 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,868 ✭✭✭✭

Morning all,

i have just added this tag heuer grand carrera into the stable, this one is the entry level model calibre 6rs, but to my mind its the best looking, and the most manageable sizewise being 40mm as opposed to the 43mm of the others.

The finishing on these is a step above any other tag i have owned includeing my carrera chrono, and case sits very nicely on the wrist too.

The only thing i didnt like was the stock leather strap, the deployant is very nice but the band was a very thin croc effort which dressed the watch up way too much (reminded me of the strap on my iwc portuguese chrono) and imo didnt suit at all.

Last night i swopped it out for a di modell rallye, i cant use the deployant with this but i am so happy with the stap on it that i will get over that!!

So i have attached so pics, excuse the quality! the comparison pics of the old strap are even worse quality, but hopefully you can make them out,

any other opinions on the straps, i feel the rallye looks better and suits the carrera 'heritage', anyone prefer the stock?

Carrera1.jpg
    Carrera2.jpg
    Carrera3.jpg
    Carrera4.jpg
    carrera5.jpg
    Wristshot.jpg

Oldstrap1.jpg
    oldstrap2.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Noooice. :) I prefer the rallye strap too. Changes the whole feel of the watch.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,868 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

yep, it dresses it down a lot, to me a carrera isnt a dress watch, and the croc just looked all wrong to me, on the rallye it all makes a lot more sense :)

also the di modell rallye is a lovely strap, very comfy and very well made

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭peterako

Lovely looking watch!

Advertisement