Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who can put a value on my old transformer toys?

Options
  • 15-10-2009 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

sorry if this is the wrong section it was the most relevant i could find:confused:

i have 20-30 transformer toys which are 15 years old if not more, these are from the original days of the transformers, these are not in boxs or anything but i presme there pretty rare?? collecters items no?

how would i go about puttin a value on them as im stuck for cash and tempted to sell?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Maybe a mod can move this for you, but check out the transformers forum, sure some of the guys there could help you out.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=843

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭sc86

cheers mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭padimus

Hi SCD.

There is a shop in Dublin City Centre called Modelmania located in Temple Bar on Crow Street. Jason there will generally make you an offer on any TF’s you might want to sell. I’ve sold some stuff to him before and got a decent price and I know some people have brought in G1 transformers ( the old School stuff) to sell recently.

Just a couple of points to note.
    1. Some stuff is rarer than others. Quite a few of the original transformers toys have been re-issued over the past few years which means that the prices have come down somewhat. So don’t be disappointed if you don’t get offered a high price for them.
    2. The condition of the toys will either help or hinder the price you would get. Generally, loose toys are worth less if they are missing parts or weapons etc.

If you want some help valuing the toys then I suggest that you post a list of what you have and what condition they are in and people may be able to help you further. ( I don't think you are allowed to buy and sell on boards but there is an Irish transformers forum, Transformers Ireland online, where you can)

If you’re not sure the names of the toys either post some pictures ( I guarantee you the other regular posters and I will recognise them!) or check out www.TFU.info. It’s a website that lists practically every transformer ever made and you can search by things like colour, vehicle and so on. ( For example if you had a Yellow car transformer and searched for that it will give you a list of links to various characters who were yellow cars to help you find the right one.)

Let me know if I can help further.

thats just the answer i wanted mate, excellent

so i think il post pics of them all later:D
    i know i have a old optimus prime but after that im lost lol

roughly on average, are they only worth 5-10e for a average example or what are we talkin, some are fine but other are missing weapons etc:(

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

The quickest way would be to have a few clear pics on here, I'm sure most people on this forum would have them named before you could type them in through a website.

Have a quick gander on ebay or http://www.gerrutcamaro.nl/ for comparison prices. They may not have all the accessories or be in the best condition but as long as they're held together okay, you should get a fair amount between that many.

• Advertisement

ok heres the pics lads, as you can see some toys are missing weapons but i have a load of weapons pictured that im not sure who they belong to, any help with value and how rare they are would be great

tf1.jpg
    tf12.jpg

tf5.jpg
    tf6.jpg
    tf10.jpg

tf3.jpg
    tf2.jpg
    tf9.jpg
    tf8.jpg
    tf11.jpg

tf13.jpg

pic of the above on his own
    tf14.jpg

tf4.jpg
    tf7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

There's a few originals in there looking fairly good, and this website may be another helpful site to use as a checklist:
    http://www.transformerland.com/show_parent_g12.php?action=get_parent&toyid=1409

Going through the transformer lines on the right of that page shows many of these very quickly. Onslaught was a good example of clicking on a single figure as they list the accessories that come with him, you seem to have most of them.

G2 Hook
    3841.jpg

from your pics:

Grimlock and Snarl
    tf2.jpg

Onslaught, Hot Spot and G2 Optimus
    tf9.jpg

thanks alot mate your a legend, where do you think would the best place be to advertise them? ebay?
    i seam to have all onsloughts accessories thank god, for example what do you think he is worth on his own with the bits??

thanks for naming them, the little green car is accelerater and my broken white car is wheel jack, thats a very helpfull link

anyone else?

• Advertisement

Hi. The large red one that you pictured on his own is called Pyro. Some of the smaller cars belong to a group of transformers called "turbomasters". I see Boss, scorch and Flash in there from that group

red car with the number 19 on the side is called "rapido".

and I see some of the G2 Aerialbots slingshot and air raid in there as well. Small police car is called "streetwise"

cheers guys, where is the best place to sell these?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

http://tfio.proboards.com/index.cgi
    Has a Buy/Sell and trade section. May be useful for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Id definately be up for buying the two dinobots (Grimlock and Slag) off you, and possibly Streetwise.

How much do you want for them?

make me a offer mate cheers
    gona head up to the shop in temple bar with them soon and see what i can get, otherwise il be sending them to that chap in america

all msgs replied, please call me thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

sc86 wrote: »
    all msgs replied, please call me thanks

It's your choice obviously but keep in mind that this forum is publically viewable and can be polled by google etc., so posting your phone number may not be the best idea in the world

good idea, can you edit your post as my number is still in it

• Advertisement

any1 else?

2 dinobots are sold, gona put the rest on ebay as a job lot

Yes indeed, and i must say kudos on the Dinobots. I will give you my word of recommendation. (oh and ive snipped out the number)
    sc86 has some great stuff guys, you're all missing out! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stone roses

make me a offer mate cheers
    gona head up to the shop in temple bar with them soon and see what i can get, otherwise il be sending them to that chap in america

hi what you got left im interested in buying them! thanks

sent you a msg mate thanks

i only sold galvasean the 2 dino bots the rest is still available

thanks alot galvasean pleasure dealing with you

You also sold me Streetwise and the Defensor bits.

Same to you, a pleasure.

will sell all pictured bar the 3 galvasean bought for 250e untill the end of the weeknd, otherwise there goin on ebay, bargain..

cheers

so many timewasters tellin me they will buy these then not

so many timewasters tellin me they will buy these then not

You should give adverts.ie a shot. It's boards.ie's sister site (you log in with the same username and password, so you don't need a new account), but with the emphasis on buying/selling. Should be a better calibur of consumer over there.
    On that note, my superiors have told me not to allow threads about selling stuff here, so I'll have to close this one I'm afraid.
    Good luck with the sales

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement