Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Nuclear Power Plant

Options
  • 14-10-2009 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Hi All

This link contains a wealth of information regarding the Limerick Nuclear Power Plant.

800px-LimerickPowerPlant.JPG

I just thought I'd post this as a lot of People aren't actually aware that there is a Nuclear Power Plant in Limerick; Which is shocking given that its been in full production since the mid 1980's.

- Totally unrelated of course, but if anyone ever discovers a Recreational Park and Children's Playground In Raheen/Dooradoyle within the next 50 years I'd love to hear about it :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

wrong limerick.

We are getting a Liquid Natural Gas storage facility in Tarbert, and when things go wrong in one of those, it can have the same damaging effect as a nuclear plant explosion, albeit without the radiation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

We are getting a Liquid Natural Gas storage facility in Tarbert, and when things go wrong in one of those, it can have the same damaging effect as a nuclear plant explosion, albeit without the radiation.

Ha? I think its generally the 500-1000 years of erratically flickering Geiger Counters in barren untenable wastelands with the accompanying plethora of devastating Cancers that gives the otherwise cheerful area of Nuclear Power Plant 'mishaps' a bad name......

FYP :P
    We are getting a Liquid Natural Gas storage facility in Tarbert, and when things go wrong in one of those, it can have the same damaging effect as any nuclear plant explosion, and obviously to include any mention of radiation would be over-reaching to bolster an ill-founded and bizarre point on my part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

i thought that u thought that pic was in limerick city and i thought..hah he's thinking of limerick pensylvania..but i realised its only a sample pic of a nuclear plant..in tarbert? isnt that in kerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Imagine if there was one in Limerick and it went into meltdown, turning the whole city into a post apocalyptic wasteland, full of mutated scumbags, itd be like Fallout,but with more tracksuits:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

krudler wrote: »
    Imagine if there was one in Limerick and it went into meltdown, turning the whole city into a post apocalyptic wasteland, full of mutated scumbags, itd be like Fallout,but with more tracksuits:D

Hehe Fallout: The Limerick Saga :D Maybe they will cancel Fallout: New Vegas and go with your idea instead. :)

I was going in a more Cormac McCarthy influenced direction in my head until I saw your post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

For a split second when looking at that Photograph I thought it
    was the cement factory.

Good ol Cement factory kept me with pocket money when
    I washed the neighbours cars twice a week when I was a kid.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

bullets wrote: »
    For a split second when looking at that Photograph I thought it
    was the cement factory.

Good ol Cement factory kept me with pocket money when
    I washed the neighbours cars twice a week when I was a kid.

~B

remember there about 4 years ago there was some kinda mini explosion in the cement factory and all cars in the raheen, dooradoyle, church Rd, Dock Rd areas were destroyed with residue. The soft cloth place down the dock road near Truckcar were giving free washes, but did Liam bother his hole? No...sure it'll be grand I said...the rain will take care of it I said....no panic i said.....
    windscreen is STILL not right after it!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

That was only last year, wasn't it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

An File wrote: »
    That was only last year, wasn't it? :confused:

No the big one that did a lot of damage to cars was in 2006. There was a smaller version last year though, but it did not get as many cars.

Nasty stuff to leave on a car though as it eats away at the paintwork, and damages the glass as well. It even can cause damage whilst being washed off, as it digs into the paintwork in a sandpaper like way as the brushes go across the car.

Best way to remove it is with a hand wash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

Raiser...
    You PLONKER!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ligind

Will this power plant be creating any jobs and if so where can I apply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,407 ✭✭✭✭cson

Its pronounced New-Q-lerr :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I think that Limerick Regeneration programme should offer all our rabid Scumbags the opportunity of a nice new house in the suburbs of Limerick....

Then drug the fúckers, sterilise them and ship them over to Limerick Pennsylvania - one way, Passport confiscated.

Yes Sir - Yee-Haw :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

LMAO!!!! i was in that limerick in PA over the summer! it was really strange to see a power plant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Supertankers and Nuclear Power? Limerick will leave the rest of us behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

mike65 wrote: »
    Supertankers and Nuclear Power? Limerick will leave the rest of us behind.

dont forget pink!!!

Advertisement