Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Do Big Companies Target School Age

Options
  • 14-10-2009 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I was wondering could any marketeers tell me how companies target school aged kids (12-18 yr olds)?

I know TV/Radio/Social Media etc but is there any direct ways OR magazines they use, specifically in Ireland.

Any pointers appreciated.

FH

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭kenbrady

Hi all

I was wondering could any marketeers tell me how companies target school aged kids (12-18 yr olds)?

I know TV/Radio/Social Media etc but is there any direct ways OR magazines they use, specifically in Ireland.

Any pointers appreciated.

FH
    Social networks would be the best for that age group.
    Pick a company that targets this group and monitor their marketing campaigns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭flash harry

thanks Ken

in practical terms how would you do that?

just googling them? or jsut trying to keep an eye out for them?

thanks Ken

in practical terms how would you do that?

just googling them? or jsut trying to keep an eye out for them?
    Is it the kids going to school, who will be your customers ? or are you using them to get to someone else ? Advertising in schools is a non runner.

Look at the tesco/mars free stuff for school campaigns, teachers would tell children to collect tesco vouchers for computers mars, wrappers for sports gear, that could be a tactic. 'Doodle 4 Google'

BT young scientist competition is another one, with the sponsorship route.

no the intention is the kids school goer would be getting a useful booklet say, and we want to fund it by advertising. So it's the people who would want to target them are our target if you get me.

FH

no the intention is the kids school goer would be getting a useful booklet say, and we want to fund it by advertising. So it's the people who would want to target them are our target if you get me.

FH
    I don't thing that's allowed, INTO kicked up a big fuss about corporates getting into school and marketing to kids, there are rules about it, best to check.

But if you can do it, 12-18 pretty much everyone would want a piece of them, pick the biggest brand name, with the most cash and offer it to them.

Clothes & Foot ware
    Food & Drinks
    Phone Companies
    Toys & Video games

• Advertisement

thanks Ken - will look into the INTO thing

Advertisement