Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook messenger program - beta test me :)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Where's the dl link?

edit: and your pic says chat(4) but there are 6 people online.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Id say its the big red link that says Download at the bottom of the page he linked to up above ..:D

http://bobslash.blogspot.com/2009/10/facebook-chat-app.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Axwell wrote: »
    Id say its the big red link that says Download at the bottom of the page he linked to up above ..:D

http://bobslash.blogspot.com/2009/10/facebook-chat-app.html

Didn't stand out to me because it was the same as the other headers above it (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it ;))

As for the app, its cool and seems to work. I hate the black bar on top with the blue writing. Can we have an option to set the transparency too?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭.Bob

ok added the download link to the original post.

il work on making it that you can decide the top bar at the top, the black bar with blue writing was just an experiment, i might change it back to a normal windows theme, il make a little options menu so transparency can be disabled also, prolly release a new version thursday evening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Using it on Windows 7 pro,Working well so far(just downloaded it though!)

As said,The chat number is showing up wrong..And it doesn't seem to show when people are typing..?

• Advertisement

UPDATE!
    V1.1 is now available
    GUI is redesigned to look like a standard window, since people didnt like the custom borders.

chat shows correct amout of people online also

fb1.1.png

DOWNLOAD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

Hi there!

I think its a great idea to have instead of the browser type!!

Maybe consider a domain (a fiver p/y) and would then have more power on search engines..

FairPlay!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Tim M-U wrote: »
    Hi there!

I think its a great idea to have instead of the browser type!!

Maybe consider a domain (a fiver p/y) and would then have more power on search engines..

FairPlay!!

Agree with this!

Just downloaded 1.1,And it looks much nicer,The other version looked quite cheap,This looks really nice,A remember password option would be good :)

Thanks for the positive feedback!

im actually planning on adding a password remember feature, trying to decide how to keep the users password safe, need some sort of encryption!

also thinking on making it save preferences for transparency, but i wanted this program to just be an exe on its own, so if the user wants to remove it, all they have to do is delete the exe.

Advertisement