Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HALO Home Survey

Options
  • 14-10-2009 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

a few weeks ago i got a leaflet in the door advertising a free home energy survey from esb. I recently swapped to airtricity but decided to chance my arm and sent an application form off anyway. Sounded too good to be true, but i was surprised to get a call from a surveyor to make an appointment to do the survey, he came last week, spent an hour in the house and sent me back a really detailed report on what i need to do to improve the house, all for free. jsut wanted to encourage people to get one of these surveys as im sure they wont keep giving them away for free when theyre so good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

You can only apply to get the survey done on your house if you have received the leaflet in your door, it hasn't been rolled out throughout the country as yet.

Secondly some of the work you may need to get done may be covered under SEI grants, I know they get some bashing here but the insulation grants are good just shop around for a contractor some are adding the grant to the cost!!!

And the HALO survey is a very good idea, here's hoping it will be availalbe throughout the country soon!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭starfish12

Thats the thing, it is now available to anyone who owns their own house, anywhere in the country, no need for the leaflet, i spread the word amongst my mates after i had mine and once you apply online or call their call centre and they'll give you one no problem, a friend had one done in her house in carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

is there a link to the information or could you PM me the details

thanks for posting this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭starfish12

www.esb.ie/energyservices

i think this brings you to an application form, i called their call centre 1850 372 333 but im sure either can take your details

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Apologies!!!

I worked on that line in a call centre and when I left 3 weeks ago it hadn't been rolled out throughout the country!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement