Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

benefit entitlements

Options
  • 14-10-2009 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭

i returned to college two years ago to do an ordinary degree in engineering , the course was three years long but because i had served an apprenticeship i was allowed to skip first year and go straight into second ,

i completed second year and half way through third year i was forced to drop out due to a family berevement , i was receiving a grant at this stage .

i returned to finish the degree this year , paying the fees myself and i have been claiming job seekers allowance since leaving previously but have gotten work here and there occasionally , am i entitled to any state support ?

i have been told that to receive the dole and be in college i would have to be out of work for six months , i can't get any grant support because of the time i left . i must be entitled to something to keep me going ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

thanks for the overwhelming responce , i'll answer my own question so that maybe someone else will be the wiser , no you're not entitled to any assistance outside the grant system .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

rowa wrote: »
    thanks for the overwhelming responce , i'll answer my own question so that maybe someone else will be the wiser , no you're not entitled to any assistance outside the grant system .

Surely its better to get no reply than misleading ones. Generally when it comes to grants/welfare and unusual circumstances you really need to get in contact with them as it your only way to get a definate answer. Its not because we don't like you. ;)

The BTEA scheme is a joke. I was made redundant 9 months before i was starting college and went on jobseekers knowing i couldn't get a job if i wanted any support. That meant nearly 7,500 paid out to me when i may well have been able to get a job (although it was unlikely) but not "allowed" to

Advertisement