Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser Eye Surgery

Options
  • 14-10-2009 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I was thinking about getting laser eye surgery does anyone know if there is certain prescription guidelines that you can go by for surgery. I have a large astigmatism and am not sure if I am eligible. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 RoNo1984

I have a stigmatism too but am eligible for surgery,am signed up for surgery in the wellington eye Clinic next week. it takes about 3 hours to get tested to see if you are eligible.. However one of my friends with stigma wasn't eligible in another clinic, possibly the wellington eye clinic is btr for stigma as its more expensive then the others..

Id say defo give it a try, maybe go to a cheaper clinic and get tested to see if your eligible first, alot of them do free tests!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭carveone

Louocb wrote: »
    I was thinking about getting laser eye surgery does anyone know if there is certain prescription guidelines that you can go by for surgery. I have a large astigmatism and am not sure if I am eligible. :confused:

All of this is my opinion - head over to Wellington or Blackrock and ask them. Hell, get the check - it's 100 euro and it's interesting looking at the pretty eye picture!

What's large astig in your case? Normally they add the sphere and cylinder and that should be less than some maximum. -11 I believe. Max cyl is about -6. A clinic that does not do wavefront as standard should not be considered if you have any cylinder at all. The pupil diameter and corneal thickness will tell you if you'll have to do lasek. I'm 550 microns and -6 so Lasik is out for me.

Advertisement