Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my son really seeing something

Options
  • 14-10-2009 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

OK, bought a new build house 4 years ago in Kildare. Ever since the first week the better half has said she hears thigns or sees shadows passing doors, a bit unnerving but put it down to imagination, light etc.

We have to kids both boys ages 5 and 3. Two nights ago I was getting the two kids ready for bed in the back bedroom when my 5 year old jumped up and said "there he is again" it was the way he said it as if it caught him totally by surprise. I asked him what and he said a "boy" I asked where and he said out there on the landing. I asked him to explain what he saw and he said a boy walked past. Without wanting to press the issue I asked what he was wearing and he said red, he even showed me how he walked and said he had no head. I again asked where he went and he told me that way down the stairs. I asked was he afriad and he said no and he said he doesnt live here he goes to other houses too.

Completely freaked out, the sincerity and seriousness in how he told me all this really makes me believe he saw something. Everyone that was in the house was in the bedroom.

Any ideas, i know kids are more sensitive but I dont like the idea of headless kids wandering the house!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Whether ghosts are real or not and whether your kid saw something or not the thing to do is not make a big deal of it. Let your kid talk about it if he wants to but dont be dismissive.

I've a 2 year old boy and a 5 year old myself. Sure I believe in ghosts etc but you deal with these things as a parent, not as a ghost buster :)

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Logan

Some people could put it down to imagination, but I think the headless bit well kinda does it, I've never come across a kid with an imaginary friend with no head.. Does he talk to you about it often or just the once? Has it happened again and if so does it happen at certain times, or around certain parts of the house or maybe around certain people.. i.e your son?

Logan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭paranormal

OK, bought a new build house 4 years ago in Kildare. Ever since the first week the better half has said she hears thigns or sees shadows passing doors, a bit unnerving but put it down to imagination, light etc.

We have to kids both boys ages 5 and 3. Two nights ago I was getting the two kids ready for bed in the back bedroom when my 5 year old jumped up and said "there he is again" it was the way he said it as if it caught him totally by surprise. I asked him what and he said a "boy" I asked where and he said out there on the landing. I asked him to explain what he saw and he said a boy walked past. Without wanting to press the issue I asked what he was wearing and he said red, he even showed me how he walked and said he had no head. I again asked where he went and he told me that way down the stairs. I asked was he afriad and he said no and he said he doesnt live here he goes to other houses too.

Completely freaked out, the sincerity and seriousness in how he told me all this really makes me believe he saw something. Everyone that was in the house was in the bedroom.

Any ideas, i know kids are more sensitive but I dont like the idea of headless kids wandering the house!
    my son freaked us out abit a few years back .he was about 4 and told us that he tried to get in our bed the night before but couldnt because the baby was playing and there was no room to get in the bed so he had to go back to his own bed.he was our youngest so we didn't have a baby .at first i thought he had probably dreamed it but he had left his soother on my bedside locker dureing the night so he had been in our room dureing the night .freaked us out abit at the time, but he wasnt scared so why should we be .dont get me wrong i would prefer not to wake up in the middle of the night to some strange spirit baby playing with teddy s on my bed but i have never seen it so did he imagine it or not whose to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

children create imaginary individuals (i don't like the term "imaginary friend"bit condescending),its more common than you would think!
    Although it may be unnerving to hear it from the mouth of your child, they have MASSIVE imaginations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

watching too much telly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

In_tuition wrote: »
    watching too much telly

yeh thats some really productive input horse!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

oh sorry about that, i left my jacket behind and just wanted to pick it up :)

no but seriously, it can be down to imagination with kids and that but you should not under estimate your kids either, you never know !

something is striking me, like your child knew that the "boy with no head" went to other houses too ? did he say how he knew or how he did it and did you say anything to the neighbors either ?

i know it would be a lot to take but lights and shadows IMO would not make an image of a small boy with no head.

i hope you find the answer soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭discostick12

Wow I would be freaked out if he told me that.

I've heard that Children are sensitive to ghosts and such, but I don't know what to believe. The fact that he was able to give you such a vivid description is a bit creppy. Maybe he heard it some where and thought he saw it? Who knows. The best thing for you to do is talk to him about it.

I remember I was babysitting my friends Nephew. He was only three. We put him into bed left the bedside light on and left.
    After about ten minutes we heard him talking so I walked in and asked him who he was talking to, he then pointed to the door which was behind me and said the man. This really freaked me out. He then started laughing so I asked him what he was laughing at he said the man standing behind me was making faces. I took him out of his bed and let him sleep on the sofa until he's ma came back. It really freaked me out lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wow I would be freaked out if he told me that.

I to would be freaked out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

If its not worrying your son and he is dealing with it fine, dont get freaked out and give him cause to worry over something he is not. Let him talk about it and act as you would as a parent would, questions are good and can allow you to get to the bottom of it when and while he is willing to talk. Keep a logical mind and work with it from there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Seasick Hobo

Thanks for all the replies.

I did think it was just his imagination but it was not so much his description of what he saw but the look on his face when he said it. He looked so serious about it when expalaining it. Its not something that I am getting freaked out by and I wouldnt act scared in front of him even if i was. Tried thinking of all the tv shows he watches and none contain any kind of ghost theme to them. He has no problem getting up at night for the toilet or being afraid to go to bed so I guess if there is something wandering the house it isnt scaring him which is the main thing. If it happens again or things get any weirder I'll let you all know

Advertisement