Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rent allowance/supplement problem

Options
  • 14-10-2009 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,
    Thanks for any help in advance.My problem is i was intending to go to college this year,got my house sorted deposit paid,then i was refused entry into college.I decided to stay here in galway and look for work as i had no where else to live and no money.After six weeks I havnt found work , I borrowed 400 euro for last months rent of a money lender(not a good idea ,I know).Today i decided to go to my local C.W.O. I was refused rent allowance because my rent was above the threshold, I was receiving rent allowance in castlebar previously that was above the threshold(they just gave me 52 euro i had to pay73 euro myself). I dont know what to do know.Would appealling the decision make any differance,There is no way the landlord will lower rent.Could i say that my flatmate is paying more than me,which would bring me bellow the threshold.dont know what to do ,will be homeless in 2 weeks.please help

Advertisement