Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much would it cost to nationally launch a website?

Options
  • 14-10-2009 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭

Don't say how much do you have!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

well you'd probably want a .ie which will cost you about 30 quid
    You'll want hosting which will cost you from 50 quid to 100 quid
    You'll want to design your site some way depending on what you're after and your budget that could cost anywhere from 10 quid to 20k or god knows

After that funnily enough its launched nationally

If you're talking about radio / tv campaigns / adverts / flyers and so on then ... probably a lot if you're talking about targeted keywords and SEO .. thats another figure and will depend on the saturation of the market for those terms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭kenbrady

Don't say how much do you have!
    The first question is what do you want to achieve ?
    It you could launch a website nationally and not achieve what you want.

How will you measure the success ?
    Sales / Website hits etc..

Who do you want to target ?
    What do you want to tell them ?
    What do you want them to do ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭DrivingInfo

I want to get an idea of how much it would cost to nationally advertise my website with media TV, Papers, and what ever else i can.

I know about SEO Adwords and all that stuff. Just an idea will help. I take it, people here have launched websites before and may have good advise.

Thanks

I want to get an idea of how much it would cost to nationally advertise my website with media TV, Papers, and what ever else i can.

I know about SEO Adwords and all that stuff. Just an idea will help. I take it, people here have launched websites before and may have good advise.

Thanks

http://www.irishtimes.com/mediakit/p_rates.htm seems to be old.

There's a site that lists the advertising rates of various places can't remember the site at moment though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

For a 4 week marketing blitz with TV, radio and national newspapers you'd need 50k at least, if you wanted good time slots, good placement in the papers and primetime radio (7-7).

• Advertisement

For a 4 week marketing blitz with TV, radio and national newspapers you'd need 50k at least, if you wanted good time slots, good placement in the papers and primetime radio (7-7).

That all ? I didn't actually think 50k would get you that much (I know you said 50k at least but ... )

edit: I've no idea of figures here apart from having done up a few adverts in papers

Its a real buyers market at the moment. Radio, TV and Newspapers are between 50 and 70 % below ratecard at the moment. There is some good value out there. Radio is particularly cheap. You can get coverage in Dublin for 1 month with 120 30 sec slots and about 60 bonus slots for around 1500 on one of the main stations.
    National radio is about 15% up on that.
    The only place that is holding up is digital marketing. Eircom homepage is about €6500 for 1 month and 6million impressions, which is around the price they charged last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭DrivingInfo

Its a real buyers market at the moment. Radio, TV and Newspapers are between 50 and 70 % below ratecard at the moment. There is some good value out there. Radio is particularly cheap. You can get coverage in Dublin for 1 month with 120 30 sec slots and about 60 bonus slots for around 1500 on one of the main stations.
    National radio is about 15% up on that.
    The only place that is holding up is digital marketing. Eircom homepage is about €6500 for 1 month and 6million impressions, which is around the price they charged last year.

This is what I wanted to know and If you don't mind I would need to get it on paper for a business plan.

How do you know this?

I buy media

Dude ... Get Smart ... <-- ... he buy's media :)
    I buy media

Yeah I shouldn't post when I've had a few ... but all the same wanted to say thanks for the info I'm limited to having done graphics and having posted a few job adverts in local papers and so on so I'm kinda fascinated to hear prices and what you can get on radio / tv / national papers :)

• Advertisement

Driving Info, If you need any help with your business plan I'd be happy to give you any help. Stuff like rate card discounts, whats good, ROI etc just shout!

Advertisement