Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

donedeal con

Options
  • 14-10-2009 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

is anyone else sick of these ads on donedeal for fairly new tractors for around €9000? there was 2 or 3 yesterday and its nearly full of them today,i emailed one of the advertisers and i'v been told all i have to do is transfer the money once the tractor lands from germany,and i get a 90 day trial of it or my money back!! now obviously no one(hopefully) will get caught but they've made a balls of donedeal:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

con men!
    have heard from a man..that a tractor was advertiesd-as you say! unsure where..but anyway! nice looking+newish tractor,at great money!think €10k+
    the man contacted them--went and looked at the tractor on the wkend,was impressed!
    ur man then asked for a deposit of €2k,man in question-duly give it,and returned the following week,to pick up his new tractor..turned out--the tractor belonged to a farmer!not the orginal man,he was a con(took the potential buyer to a farm-showed tractor,etc)!
    i have heard of numerous stories like this involving trailers/machinery/tools,etc...
    so watch out--they are doing the road-checking out farm yards,and takin pictures of items..putting them up on websites as for sale...
    So all be weary of your pocessions!
    and watch when your buying--is unreal gangsters out there!

Rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

if you see an obvious scam ad then report it to donedeal, they removed 6 of em yesterday that I reported.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭fig mclough

my god am i sick of these tractors!!! if only they were this keen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Rujib1

Speaking of Dondeal. They have made a dogs boll%%*s of the site as of todat with new classification system.

Cannot make head nor tail of it.

Just look at trucks class for example. You see everthing from a calf hutch to a donkey, to a truck. It's a disaster. Ben Dunns clapping his hands in the background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kevkeegan

oh thanks i thought i was just losing it,what a balls os a job it was way more straight forward when it was the trucks and farming section,altho speaking of i emailed one of the tractor lads from italy he said a fella pulled out of a deal on the 07 john deere for €12,500 and he'd sell it to me for €10,000. . .what luck i have!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭robototitico

I have had scammers targeting my site - FarmAds, but not to a great extent. Mainly fake dog ads, where you are invited to adopt a puppy for free, just send the travel fees. Also a few fake buyers, looking to send forge cheques and bank drafts for more than the amount, to which you are asked to return the difference.

About a month ago I switched to a new system, whereby users have to register their details before they can place ads. This has cut down greatly on the number of scammers.

My other strategy to keep my site healthy is to monitor it daily and delete any dubious looking ads.

On a lighter note, I got a couple of ads from male masseuses, who were offering more than just massages. I don't know what they were thinking.. Perhaps trying to go after the lonely farmer market.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

Keep on to them.Computer heads find the real world a bit scary and need our support.Dont expect them to know the difference between a bull and a baler.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭canon5571

Rujib1 wrote: »
    Speaking of Dondeal. They have made a dogs boll%%*s of the site as of todat with new classification system.

Cannot make head nor tail of it.

Just look at trucks class for example. You see everthing from a calf hutch to a donkey, to a truck. It's a disaster. Ben Dunns clapping his hands in the background.

Is Ben Dunne in competition against Donedeal or something??? Or am i completely missing the point??

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PaddyBloggit

canon5571 wrote: »
    Is Ben Dunne in competition against Donedeal or something??? Or am i completely missing the point??

From the RTE site:

Online Retail
    Ben is about to launch his new online retail website where he will have a range of goods available to people. He is also going to launch an online 'Made to order suit' business - 'they won't be mini's, they will be the BMW of suits and shirts' said Ben.
    He will also add a women's section eventually to the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Rujib1

canon5571 wrote: »

Dunner launches a new web site next Monday, which will be an unashamed copy of Dondeal. www.bendunne.com
    Better value beats them all, I guess.

R

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭maidhc

Rujib1 wrote: »
    Dunner launches a new web site next Monday, which will be an unashamed copy of Dondeal. www.bendunne.com

R

He should know it has ben dunne already.

(I'll get my coat)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 real kesh man

these adds are appearing again my friends, and i reported about 12 of them to donedeal on thursday evening, pitty such a great website being ruined by this kind rubbish.

i think its a bunch from germany or poland ,usiong uk contact numbers, how i know this is if you look closely at the machines they are no where near the uk or irish spec machines, one fine example on the tractors is the tires.

however these people are cute enough to post the adds stating counties such as kilkenny ,and roscommon, it is uncommon to come across 2 adds with the same county on them, so beware it a scam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Trx

It is a wonder he didnt call it Dunnedeal.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kayne

Ouch, feel like i just got done- Has anybody noticed the exorbatant price it costs to put add in on mobile-just got charged 8 quid and add isn't even through yet:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭robototitico

There is a free alternative available to an increasing number of farmers.

Advertisement