Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Remap of car engine

Options
  • 13-10-2009 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭

Hello there

So I dont know much about cars, im not a petrol head or anything. All I know is that I would like a bit more power in the one I currently have !

So, as far as I know there are 2 methods of enhancing the BHP of a car

A. Re Map
    B. Chip tune

My questions

1. Which one is best to do ? ( best meaning safest option for the car )

2. Will it cause electronic/mechanical problems with the car in the future ? ( will it fcuk up the car ? )

3. For anyone that had it done :
    (a) were you happy, did you actually notice the increase in BHP ?
    (b) did it cause any issues
    (c) what company did you use

4. Is it popular in Ireland or is it only done by people that are really big in to cars ?

Sorry for all the q's !!!

any help would be greatly appreciated
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What car do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭obi604

very basic actually, a 2002 mark IV VW golf. 1.6 petrol

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

obi604 wrote: »
    very basic actually, a 2002 mark IV VW golf. 1.6 petrol

Your wasting your money remapping a 1.6 petrol Golf to be honest, remap gains are made with turbo cars and your only going to get very minimal gains on a 1.6 petrol with no turbo, it doesn't make sense spending the money for such small gains that could be got through induction mods.

Advertisement