Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson Sang Backup on "Girls, Girls, Girls"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

It certainly does sound like him but I can't imagine either Jay-Z or Michael Jackson would have released the song without saying Michael had a part in it. Money wise it would be suicide considering how marketable Jacko was

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Actually michael jackson composed a lot of the music for computer games and never claimed credits.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I also read that he was on a remix of Girls Girls Girls but didnt want to be listed on the credits for the song. It was in an interview with Jay-Z that i cant find right now. The remix is the one with Kanye on The Blueprint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Yes. There were rumours he did the music for Sonic 3, but his record label wouldn't let him do it, so he did the job uncredited. I'm not sure.. a few of the Sonic songs sound like Bobby Brown numbers. Videogames and pop songs are always apeing chord progressions and stuff. A good few of the Thriller album songs lift fairly significant parts of other pop tunes around at the time.

Advertisement