Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airfix Model Building

Options
  • 13-10-2009 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

Looking to see if anyone has a solution to a problem I have with a model kit. I painted some of it a while ago, but now need to remove the paint from that section so I can re-paint it with another colour, but I can't seem to be able to remove the paint. I don't want to use sandpaper as it will remove the small detail on the plastic. I've already tried paint thinner and white spirits, but it is now being removed. Does anyone else know of any other way to remove paint from a plastic model kit?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

There is a lquid u can buy, for the life of me can't recall the chemical name but it goes along the lines of retouching fluid or something llike that. any art shop will have it, tell them you have an oil painting that you want to touch up/repaint. Might work, or buy some gesso its a primer, again for canvas painting but you can use it on anything tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

Can't you just paint over the old paint?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭purplebeach

Hi

There is an Airfix Forum - recommended on the Airfix website - http://airfixtributeforum.myfastforum.org/ - I would say if you post your question there you will get a definative answer back

Advertisement