Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pajero sport

Options
  • 13-10-2009 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hey looking for a bit of help... :confused::confused:

I have a 2005 Pajero sport commercial and I am looking to get some sort of divider between the drivers section and the rear, its main purpose is for safety, (so that if I brake at 60 something doesn't come flying at me) but I also want if for blocking noise like rattling spanners and the like, anyone who has done a long trip with one of these noises knows it can drive ya bonkers!!!!

Looking for something easy on the eye aswell as I can't stand those shoddy jobs with a dirty bit of plywood......

Thanks....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

kpas wrote: »
    Hey looking for a bit of help... :confused::confused:

I have a 2005 Pajero sport commercial and I am looking to get some sort of divider between the drivers section and the rear, its main purpose is for safety, (so that if I brake at 60 something doesn't come flying at me) but I also want if for blocking noise like rattling spanners and the like, anyone who has done a long trip with one of these noises knows it can drive ya bonkers!!!!

Looking for something easy on the eye aswell as I can't stand those shoddy jobs with a dirty bit of plywood......

Thanks....

Use ply but cover it with a fabric, spray adhesive and headlining material would work.
    edit : http://www.automobiletrim.com/automotive-carpet.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 kpas

Nah looking for a fancier job than that to be honest, the ply just wouldn't be up to my standard.... fairly fussy tbh....:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Most body builders or bus builders will be able to make you a panel to do this.

However it will probably be made of steel so there is a chance it would be noisy.

KVC body builders in Westmeath are one crowd I know of

kpas wrote: »
    Nah looking for a fancier job than that to be honest, the ply just wouldn't be up to my standard.... fairly fussy tbh....:mad::mad::mad:

FFS man it's a 4yr old Mitsubishi not a Ferrari!:D

CJhaughey wrote: »
    FFS man it's a 4yr old Mitsubishi not a Ferrari!:D

tbh man alot of people may accept below par gear like this but as I said that aint me... I know what I like and it aint no crappy half arsed job with a bit of ply, it may be four years old but its in mint cond and with the resale value today I might aswell forget it so I want to get a job done thats gona keep me happy for a long time. I appreciate your advice but like I said from day 1.. plywood aint for me!!!:P:P:P

P.s why would you want a bulkhead in a ferrari???:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Slidey wrote: »
    Most body builders or bus builders will be able to make you a panel to do this.

However it will probably be made of steel so there is a chance it would be noisy.

KVC body builders in Westmeath are one crowd I know of

Ya cheers thinking I'm gona have to get something along these lines.. or a reinforced fibreglass partition... was just wondering had anyone come across a kit of any type for my particular model...

No bother man, Its just that I am not sure that you know what you are looking for, A piece of dirty ply is one thing, a piece of ply that has been professionally fitted and covered with automotive carpet is indistinguishable from the rest of a vehicle. Its what professionals use when they make custom campers and buses.
    You can get all the edges and trim that you need to finish it off, Fibreglass and steel will be noiser than Plywood I guarantee it.
    Plus glass makes an awful smell until it cures.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    No bother man, Its just that I am not sure that you know what you are looking for, A piece of dirty ply is one thing, a piece of ply that has been professionally fitted and covered with automotive carpet is indistinguishable from the rest of a vehicle. Its what professionals use when they make custom campers and buses.
    You can get all the edges and trim that you need to finish it off, Fibreglass and steel will be noiser than Plywood I guarantee it.
    Plus glass makes an awful smell until it cures.

Fair point buddy..... I'm only humming an hawing at the mo....and taking expences into consideration I might just have to go down that road...... It just looks so easy on pimp my ride and all that!!!! tbf I didn't know that the fiberglass or steel would be noisier..... Gona have to find someone in Cork anyway!!!

There is a crowd called D+F glassfibre in Midleton I think that does glass in vans for Butchers etc, Not sure about pimping your ride tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

OP - not sure where you are based, but I've had loads of wire mesh bulkheads fitted to Pajero Sports in Dublin. BT have (or had) a number of these vehicles for looking after mobile phone masts so had the mesh fitted to stop parts / tools flying through to the driver.

Van Equip used to do them for me. They'd fabricate them and they'd be fixed at the top by taking off the rear passenger grab handles to use those screws. Think they were fixed at the bottom just by screwing in to the wooden floor. This looks like one of them - http://www.vanequip.ie/bulk/3.jpg. Used to cost around €350 ish I think.

AFAIK Van Equip have gone out of business and the name was bought by Towing Equipment - http://www.towingequipment.ie/

If you are down in Cork, the only van fit guys I know down there are BOTT but I'm not sure if they fabricate stuff or just fit modular shelving - www.bott.ie

• Advertisement

R.O.R wrote: »
    OP - not sure where you are based, but I've had loads of wire mesh bulkheads fitted to Pajero Sports in Dublin. BT have (or had) a number of these vehicles for looking after mobile phone masts so had the mesh fitted to stop parts / tools flying through to the driver.

Van Equip used to do them for me. They'd fabricate them and they'd be fixed at the top by taking off the rear passenger grab handles to use those screws. Think they were fixed at the bottom just by screwing in to the wooden floor. This looks like one of them - http://www.vanequip.ie/bulk/3.jpg. Used to cost around €350 ish I think.

AFAIK Van Equip have gone out of business and the name was bought by Towing Equipment - http://www.towingequipment.ie/

If you are down in Cork, the only van fit guys I know down there are BOTT but I'm not sure if they fabricate stuff or just fit modular shelving - www.bott.ie

Cheers... ya down in Cork, was looking at the Bott gear but I've been hearing mixed reviews about there stuff so the jury is still out on that one...... Thanks for the tip on the rear handles ... I was actually going to ask that myself!!!! Pics are very handy thanks....:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 blarneyone

give O'connell crash repairs (mayfield) a shout.... He does bus and wheelchair conversions... Tasty fabricator...

Advertisement