Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

web hosting

Options
  • 13-10-2009 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

ive just finished designing my website too be hosted

but now the unbknown parts popped up. ive a simple enough page with text and css and some stream links of videos hosted on youtube.

but i need too host a gallery of pictures on my website.

does anyone know how much space i would on average., at the moment
    theres about 40 pictures too upload.

but by november 2012 thatll increase too about 4000.

anybody?
    Tagged:

Comments

It depends on the pictures. If you are using 640*480 pixel jpegs with moderate compression, maybe 120-200kb per image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

In general, hosting accounts (even the really cheap ones) give you waaay more space and bandwidth then you'll ever need.

Worst case scenario, if it turns out your website is extremely popular, you can just upgrade your hosting account.

If you want to post some links of some packages you're considering, we will be able to comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 kilomike31

In terms of the gallery, if you search for a JavaScript gallery you can find ones that are easy to implement and need little more than uploading the pictures to a directory. Here is an interesting list that I've used : http://tutorialblog.org/12-javascript-image-galleries/

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

AARRRGH wrote: »
    If you want to post some links of some packages you're considering, we will be able to comment.
    AFAIK that's forbidden by the forum rules

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭techguy

blacknight wrote: »
    AFAIK that's forbidden by the forum rules

Yes.. I'll jump in before the thread is locked..

If you are a student you can avail of the offer here: http://www.digiweb.ie/studentoffer/

• Advertisement
Advertisement